2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we wave a three year connie in front of him he'll snap it up. Last thing he needs as a new dad is a period of upheaval and needing to relocate elsewhere.

I’d be wary of offering him a new contract. He’s either been playing poorly or been injured for the best part of 3 years.

There’s no doubt he’s capable because we’ve seen it at the start and end of last season, we just barely ever see it.

If we get a good offer in the summer I’d consider it but I doubt we do. If not, I’d see how he starts the season before offering him a new contract.

I’d be wary of offering him a new contract. He’s either been playing poorly or been injured for the best part of 3 years.

There’s no doubt he’s capable because we’ve seen it at the start and end of last season, we just barely ever see it.

If we get a good offer in the summer I’d consider it but I doubt we do. If not, I’d see how he starts the season before offering him a new contract.

…..like it or loathe it, he’s a financial asset and you have to protect your assets.

Your post assumes he’ll sign a new deal but the closer he gets to next summer, the closer he gets to leaving for free. He’s in a fabulous position to run down his contract which he might already have decided to do, but the club needs to offer him a new deal immediately so we know where we stand.

I really, really hope he signs a new contract, but ive just got a feeling he fancies a move away.

The Geordies will love him, they love a big number 9 as much as we do and with the way they play on the front foot, he will score a bag full.

Really hope im wrong.

Funny story before, I told my Grandson that Arsenal might be signing Isak, he likes him, I then said that Newcastle might be signing DCL to replace him, he started crying, I tried to console him by saying we have Beto and through the tears he sobbed "But hes craaaaaaaaaaaaaap".

From the mouths of babes.

Anyway, please stay 👑
I thought he might like a move abroad myself.

Wonder if Chris Wood will be offered the number 9 shirt
14 goals in 31 games. As a temporary solution, he would be better than Maupay and Beto.

By that time we are in a new stadium and being bought by some African Billionaire we had never heard of and watch our problems disapear

14 goals in 31 games. As a temporary solution, he would be better than Maupay and Beto.

By that time we are in a new stadium and being bought by some African Billionaire we had never heard of and watch our problems disapear
I agree mate, I think the club should follow the same policy of purchasing older players, with little to no value.

That’ll get us out of our financial woes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back