2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone keep there eye out for affordable top young players to replace DCL please
Neal-Maupay-August-2022-123.webp

Well no, because you wrote this:

So you're offering a team £25m for a player for 1 season, A.K.A. a loan.

So which players are you loaning in for £25m?

Im confused youre quoting a response i made to another poster, again ignoring the context.

Who would I loan for 1 season to replace DCL next season?

No one as i wouldnt do that.

Who could we? Lukaku or Jonathan David for starters. Its £25mil + DCL wages.

Could give them the additional money within there if they hit 15 goals a season.

I would use the money on a player in a different position, or sell more players and add it into the pot.

Either option is better than letting DCLs contract expire if we could sell.

I think if DCL had a perfect injury record such is his importance to the system (and the drop off to the alternatives) you could maybe argue to take the 25m hit and let his contract wind down if that’s his decision. The comparable being the cost of relegation if we struggle without him.

But given the injury history, you could take that 25m hit and still only get say 10-15 games next season if he breaks down again, and that would be a disaster. That for me is what would swing it towards selling.

Its much simpler as i posted above.

If that 1 year next year is so important that we just ask him to run down his deal and reject offers.

Surely as its so important why wouldnt we use any fee to loan a superior player for a season.

After all thats the point in favour of DCL staying

Me? Id sell him, sell Beto, Maupay & Doucoure also.

Bring in a new better player on a long term deal.

Im confused youre quoting a response i made to another poster, again ignoring the context.

Who would I loan for 1 season to replace DCL next season?

No one as i wouldnt do that.

Who could we? Lukaku or Jonathan David for starters. Its £25mil + DCL wages.

Could give them the additional money within there if they hit 15 goals a season.

I would use the money on a player in a different position, or sell more players and add it into the pot.

Either option is better than letting DCLs contract expire if we could sell.

I'm literally quoting your own words back at you and you're telling me I'm wrong lol

I'm literally quoting your own words back at you and you're telling me I'm wrong lol

No. Im telling you that youre taking them as face value without looking at context.

Posters would keep DCL (if we have offers on the table) and be happy with him winding down his contract as he's crucial to us next season.

But if hes crucial and one season (next) is so critical. Why not sell and loan a better player for the season?

Its the exact same money either way.

Clearly you dont do that but its the comparison of keeping him for a final season than back to square one or upgrading him for a season and back to square one.

So the context is you can have DCL for a season OR a better player for a season.

Which removes that argument in favour of winding his deal down.

The only logical options are sell or extend.

Unless he only wants to wind it down.

No. Im telling you that youre taking them as face value without looking at context.

Posters would keep DCL (if we have offers on the table) and be happy with him winding down his contract as he's crucial to us next season.

But if hes crucial and one season (next) is so critical. Why not sell and loan a better player for the season?

Its the exact same money either way.

Clearly you dont do that but its the comparison of keeping him for a final season than back to square one or upgrading him for a season and back to square one.

So the context is you can have DCL for a season OR a better player for a season.

Which removes that argument in favour of winding his deal down.

The only logical options are sell or extend.

Unless he only wants to wind it down.

Who are these better players you're loaning into Everton next season? Which doesn't really matter, as come next Summer we have neither player anyway.

Who are these better players you're loaning into Everton next season? Which doesn't really matter, as come next Summer we have neither player anyway.

I wouldnt loan anyone.

Ive replied to this and you responded to it. Try two posts back.

Lukaku or Jonathan David are better than DCL.

One of them for £25mil + DCLs wage off the books.

OR DCL for a season.

No brainer.

Id just add the cash into the pot or sign a right back.

I wouldnt loan anyone.

Ive replied to this and you responded to it. Try two posts back.

Lukaku or Jonathan David are better than DCL.

One of them for £25mil + DCLs wage off the books.

OR DCL for a season.

No brainer.

Id just add the cash into the pot or sign a right back.

You keep writing "for a season"???

Are you signing players on 12 month contracts or are you signing them on loan.

Lukaku and Jonathan David aren't coming here... you must smoke DMT daily I swear.

To be fair, where Zat has a point is that if there is no prospect of him renewing we are faced with a straight choice between 25m (plus the wages saved) or one more year of DCL it's a valid way to look at it that you'd be effectively paying 25m for a 1 year loan of DCL.

And if you frame it that way it would be madness to do so. And if you did want to lash 25m at a striker for a single year in all likelihood you could do better, it's just that you never would.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back