2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not gonna say he didn’t contribute, because obviously he did. But to say he is solely the reason we stayed up is just dishonest. We still beat Brentford 1-0 without him.

I mean I'm obviously not being serious when I use the word sole I just love how riled up people instantly get when you try say he was very important last year.

It’s been a tough job playing an isolated role for us. DCL or no DCL our attacking approach and support play has been dreadful.

Ok so Dyche has done job 1 very well, made us generally hard to beat and play against, job 2 requires a bit more than swapping out DCL for someone similar.

I would see the support from no.10 and attacking support from full backs as key to the success of any number 9 we replace DCL with.

Before the Burnley winner in April we hadn't won a game since before Christmas. #catalyst
And how much of that was because DCL couldn’t hit a barn door? He got us out of trouble he very much helped get us into.

One of our biggest problems last season was vastly underperforming xG. That tells you the service was better than the finishing and DCL was our first choice 9 so he is the main culprit.

He did his job at the end of the season but for a large part of the season he did not.

Everton are not interested in a move for Chelsea striker Armando Broja, contrary to reports.

There were suggestions that the Toffees had been in discussions with the Blues about a £30m move for the 22-year-old Albania forward, but the Merseysiders simply do not have that money to spend because of financial restrictions and the uncertainty over their takeover.

I suppose things can change, but for now, I dont think we will sign Broja.
Shamoon Hafez gets his info off Clubcall.

You mean to tell me the guy who's paid to score goals, scored a couple of goals and us hailed as our saviour?

Well pickford and the defence kept 13 clean sheets or whatever it was, how many points is that worth?
Our great centre back pairing contributed to that too..... if DCL does not want to sign sell & replace him with a young goal scoring striker ....

As I said before big blow if he goes shame too as he is finally fully fit. But it might help PSR and we need to make the team better overall. The issue is we will struggle to find a number nine as good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back