2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scored lots of goals when we had decent attacking options under Ancelotti. Hasn't scored many goals since we sold most of the team and he's had injury issues. It's weird that people slag him off.

If he's over the injury issues he'll be a really good player again. He obviously doesn't want to stay at Everton, which hurts, but it's another symptom of us being ran woefully for so long.
Lots of people defending Dom go straight to blaming the service to him being so poor, but could a case be made that he dosen`t get into the right areas quickly enough when we are attacking, and when he gets a chance at goal dose he have an acceptable conversion rate?

He was excellent against Liverpool but it feels like he needs the big game atmosphere, to get the best out of him. I think most fans would be happy to sell and wish him well if we knew what we were getting as a replacement. Beto is not the answer and don’t think Dyche is a fan of Chermiti.

I love Dom, I think he’s a consummate professional. I love his attitude to the game. He’s a fantastic role model.

but…

I think we need a refresh up front, a rethink on how we attack that final third. There’s nothing wrong with that. He doesn’t score enough goals for a leading striker. I know people talk about his all round game and link-up play, but this only resulted in a squad that scored 40 goals in 38 league games. We need more goals.

Dom’s best season for us was him playing under a titan of the game, an icon, a legend..Ancelotti. He scored 16 league goals that season, Dominic Solanke has just scored 19 for Bournemouth.

Nobody seems to acknowledge what he wants either, he’s been at the club since 2016 and is probably ready for a fresh challenge in his career. He’s about to reach his prime, he’s a new father and he’s just got engaged. He’s absolutely ready for a fresh challenge.

If he doesn’t want to sign a new contract, there will be no ill will from me, just lots of thanks and best wishes for the future.

I’ve said before, we don’t need to replace Dom, we need to replace Romelu Lukaku.

He was excellent against Liverpool but it feels like he needs the big game atmosphere, to get the best out of him. I think most fans would be happy to sell and wish him well if we knew what we were getting as a replacement. Beto is not the answer and don’t think Dyche is a fan of Chermiti.

I think it's the opposite, Dyche is not a fan of Beto. I don't think Chermiti is ready for the minutes required to be the first choice striker.

If DCL goes there needs to be an outside option to soak up minutes. Also can't go through the season with just two strikers.

Interesting deduction skills when Chermiti started ahead of Beto at season end and was also off the bench first.

"I'd rather invent an arbitrary number in my head and then cryarse we didn't get it, than see the obvious logic in selling a player with 12 months left on his contract, who won't sign a new one"

Given how close we have flown to the PSR limit, we simply don't have the luxury of letting a proven PL striker move for nothing after a season in which he may choose not to overexert himself before his next move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back