2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont expect him back anytime soon. Interviewer last night was told not to ask about him when he asked if he could ask about an update

He'll be back soon enough unless he picks up another training injury. Hopefully he's enjoying some extended family time and all his niggles below the neck are getting better.

Ridiculous how?

What statement did it make? Who did it help?

I would say consider his cost to the club in that time, and his input to that season. Does making a 'statement' of this kind focus or help either of those things. Bear in mind this was happening in a time when Covid was making perhaps more of an impact in peoples lives.

Contrast that to say, Marcus Rashford's non footballing contributions in a similar moment in time. Book writing, de-bunking food bank usage and so on.

None of what DCL did in making the pics is anything but his choice, of course. But in a time of lower contribution to his club, in a time when many people (and fans) perhaps felt tings harder, of what use was it.

To do it privately - his choice. What was the value, purpose and impact of making it public?

Now my overall points isn't this per se... it's more that this alongside his patchy contribution of avg 7 goals in 7 years (yes great showing for what half the game vs Brighton last year and yes, the header vs Palace), this lad just isn't someone we can build a team around.

Play him 10-12 games a year from the bench if that's what his body can take. And he can pose in non binary photshoots to his hearts content.

I'd take Rashford any day... but also the likes of Beto, Danjuma etc (forgive any mis-spelling in rush!) offer us more by simply being in place week-in week out for a team to blend and improve with. DCL fails that test.

Still deflecting from the point of your ignorant comment.

I’ve never said we should not be signing a striker. Which would allow us to get him fully fit and take the pressure of needing him off. I just don’t use an argument about what someone wears to judge how good they are at football.
In a separate post I've queried DCL's focus at the time of publishing the images.

Low contribution to team, injured again, great wages, posts pics (which he's perfectly entitled to do).

Constrast this to say Marcus Rashford promoting book writing for children, de-bunking food banks and pointing out social pressures. And that's before you compare footballing outputs and accomplishments for their clubs in their careers...

DCL's focus is now and was then, wherever it is. As are his footballing stats. As a human being I wish him luck. As a centre forward for Everton I think 10-12 games from the bench as an impact striker (with some ability let's be clear) is his sensible limit.

Target 5 goals from say 15 games.

Be interesting to see where he and we are come May. Shall we leave it til then sir?

What statement did it make? Who did it help?

I would say consider his cost to the club in that time, and his input to that season. Does making a 'statement' of this kind focus or help either of those things. Bear in mind this was happening in a time when Covid was making perhaps more of an impact in peoples lives.

Contrast that to say, Marcus Rashford's non footballing contributions in a similar moment in time. Book writing, de-bunking food bank usage and so on.

None of what DCL did in making the pics is anything but his choice, of course. But in a time of lower contribution to his club, in a time when many people (and fans) perhaps felt tings harder, of what use was it.

To do it privately - his choice. What was the value, purpose and impact of making it public?

Now my overall points isn't this per se... it's more that this alongside his patchy contribution of avg 7 goals in 7 years (yes great showing for what half the game vs Brighton last year and yes, the header vs Palace), this lad just isn't someone we can build a team around.

Play him 10-12 games a year from the bench if that's what his body can take. And he can pose in non binary photshoots to his hearts content.

I'd take Rashford any day... but also the likes of Beto, Danjuma etc (forgive any mis-spelling in rush!) offer us more by simply being in place week-in week out for a team to blend and improve with. DCL fails that test.
I'm guessing it probably helped people in the LGBTQ community
Pretty sure he was paid for it too which is why it was public
If something like that affects you, you should probably have a sit down and a think, then try living up to your pseudonym

In a separate post I've queried DCL's focus at the time of publishing the images.

Low contribution to team, injured again, great wages, posts pics (which he's perfectly entitled to do).

Constrast this to say Marcus Rashford promoting book writing for children, de-bunking food banks and pointing out social pressures. And that's before you compare footballing outputs and accomplishments for their clubs in their careers...

DCL's focus is now and was then, wherever it is. As are his footballing stats. As a human being I wish him luck. As a centre forward for Everton I think 10-12 games from the bench as an impact striker (with some ability let's be clear) is his sensible limit.

Target 5 goals from say 15 games.

Be interesting to see where he and we are come May. Shall we leave it til then sir?
What he does in his own time is literally nothing to do with me, you or anyone else. It’s his own time.

You queried his focus at the time. When the images were done, he literally scored the goal that kept us up.

Stop trying to defend the fact you are triggered by his clothing choices despite it having zero impact on your life. Yet you choose to use it as a beating stick against him. Says more about you than him.

I'm guessing it probably helped people in the LGBTQ community
Pretty sure he was paid for it too which is why it was public
If something like that affects you, you should probably have a sit down and a think, then try living up to your pseudonym
Wow.

a ) yes you are guessing. So we have to dress in skirts to not be open-minded or accepting?

I look after a disabled parent - but wouldn't expect others to start using wheelchairs to show support (although Guinness suggested that in an ad)

b) Great, did he also donate to those vulnerable in that community? Anything you're 'pretty sure' about? :)

c) The photo didn't affect me, his footballing stats affect EFC though.

Dude I respect all. I've helped in the Paralympic movement for decades and if there's anything I understand it's the limitation of prejudice and tokenism.

Nothing to see here. I questioned the guy's focus in relation to his footballing outputs for a club I support, backing it up with stats.

You've got assumptions, guesses and insults. Let's leave it, and godspeed.

Wow.

a ) yes you are guessing. So we have to dress in skirts to not be open-minded or accepting?

I look after a disabled parent - but wouldn't expect others to start using wheelchairs to show support (although Guinness suggested that in an ad)

b) Great, did he also donate to those vulnerable in that community? Anything you're 'pretty sure' about? :)

c) The photo didn't affect me, his footballing stats affect EFC though.

Dude I respect all. I've helped in the Paralympic movement for decades and if there's anything I understand it's the limitation of prejudice and tokenism.

Nothing to see here. I questioned the guy's focus in relation to his footballing outputs for a club I support, backing it up with stats.

You've got assumptions, guesses and insults. Let's leave it, and godspeed.
People in wheelchairs are already accepted, they don't need a show of support from the main stream
I'm not going to canvas or do a survey to prove to you it is beneficial to someone nervous about their desire to wear what they want without idiots thinking it makes a difference
If his stats were the only concern you wouldn't have said 'the dressing up thing was ridiculous'
Disabilities are not the same as LGBTQ issues, the fact you equate them shows a lack of understanding if anything.
There are footballers who spend hours a day on Playstations but strangely enough that doesn't seem an issue with respect to 'focus'
The fact you think his modelling hobby is in some way impactful on his football career is so weighted with bias that it tells me he was all the more correct for doing that one photo that has everybody so riled up

People in wheelchairs are already accepted, they don't need a show of support from the main stream
I'm not going to canvas or do a survey to prove to you it is beneficial to someone nervous about their desire to wear what they want without idiots thinking it makes a difference
If his stats were the only concern you wouldn't have said 'the dressing up thing was ridiculous'
Disabilities are not the same as LGBTQ issues, the fact you equate them shows a lack of understanding if anything.
There are footballers who spend hours a day on Playstations but strangely enough that doesn't seem an issue with respect to 'focus'
The fact you think his modelling hobby is in some way impactful on his football career is so weighted with bias that it tells me he was all the more correct for doing that one photo that has everybody so riled up

I don’t see how him dressing as a school girl helps anyone, it looked like sexualising children to me and is absolutely not something I will ever support. I wonder why you do?

Personally I Can’t with to see Dom and my new favourite player Beto as a front two - defences would certainly be made to work hard and know they are in a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back