2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that Dom , when fit , is an absolute positive for us , as a club.
However , unfortunately , his injury record is absolutey appalling. This may be compounded by our medical team not being able to get him back on the field promptly.
I think that from the physical attributes of both Beto and Chermiti , that the club has realised that Dom has become an unreliable liability , and have decided to replace him with , a replacement now in Beto , and future support in Chermiti.
Massive kick up the arse for DCL , and he may come back great , and then we will have a really positive situation on our hands.

Again, it's a different scenario to the one I described. That diving header was nowhere near the GK - who wasn't on-rushing, he was glued to his line.

I mean, you continue doing this Smart Alec stuff if you want, but you'll just look even more daft than you usually do. 🤷‍♂️

Why does a goalkeeper have to be involved to make a diving header brave? Surely the boot of the defender in this instance achieves it.

You’re getting worse by the day. Chat more crap than even Kev now.

I dont think DCL is a bad player, I think he's a good player.

His attitude to putting himself on the line though has been horrific for years...even before the injuries.

I remember an away game about 4 seasons ago and Richarlison swung in a fantastic cross into the path of DCL but he held back from it when the GK was coming out for it. Richarlison turned away in disgust.

He's never been a brave player and I think he picks and chooses when he comes back after injury...and successive managers have pampered him in that respect.
I thought it was reported that his eye, cheekbone injury was in line with concussion rules it's a maximum two weeks out ruling him out for two weeks now you hope someone signs him?I
We need two - three strikers in our squad as we are incapable of scoring?

I dont think DCL is a bad player, I think he's a good player.

His attitude to putting himself on the line though has been horrific for years...even before the injuries.

I remember an away game about 4 seasons ago and Richarlison swung in a fantastic cross into the path of DCL but he held back from it when the GK was coming out for it. Richarlison turned away in disgust.

He's never been a brave player and I think he picks and chooses when he comes back after injury...and successive managers have pampered him in that respect.
He went off last week looking like Elephant man for being brave and not holding back from the goalie challenge

Serious levels of contrarianism here davek
Either that or very poorly timed trolling

I thought it was reported that his eye, cheekbone injury was in line with concussion rules it's a maximum two weeks out ruling him out for two weeks now you hope someone signs him?I
We need two - three strikers in our squad as we are incapable of scoring?

He went off last week looking like Elephant man for being brave and not holding back from the goalie challenge

Serious levels of contrarianism here davek
Either that or very poorly timed trolling

He went up for a challenbege that was bog standard. Only he could get an injury out of that...and no forward is being brave going for such a challenge.

Absolutely brilliant option off the bench and to start cup games, vice versa with Beto, starting to have adequate depth up front.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back