2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting if there was and if we would sell, I know lots of people have polarizing thoughts on the lad, I'm not sure how I'd feel about selling him as it's never crossed my mind that other teams would want him as he's always been unfit! Be risky if Beto turned out pants.
If he gets 12-14 starts each season DCL could be an asset to a decent team. He's no good to us as a relaible starter.

If we keep him it'll be interesting to see how he reacts to it and whether his releuctance to start - and I think that's what it's been sometimes - fades away.

If he gets 12-14 starts each season DCL could be an asset to a decent team. He's no good to us as a relaible starter.

If we keep him it'll be interesting to see how he reacts to it and whether his releuctance to start - and I think that's what it's been sometimes - fades away.
So if he stays fit, hes been faking it.
If he stays injured, you were right all along.

Hes damned if he do and damned if he dont.

Just be happy that we no longer rely on him, hes now a bonus, not a necessity.

Im sure hes quite happy about that, I know I am.

So if he stays fit, hes been faking it.
If he stays injured, you were right all along.

Hes damned if he do and damned if he dont.

Just be happy that we no longer rely on him, hes now a bonus, not a necessity.

Im sure hes quite happy about that
, I know I am.
Yes I'm sure too...which sort of underlines my point about his willingness.

causation 🤷‍♂️ correlation

I dont think DCL is a bad player, I think he's a good player.

His attitude to putting himself on the line though has been horrific for years...even before the injuries.

I remember an away game about 4 seasons ago and Richarlison swung in a fantastic cross into the path of DCL but he held back from it when the GK was coming out for it. Richarlison turned away in disgust.

He's never been a brave player and I think he picks and chooses when he comes back after injury...and successive managers have pampered him in that respect.

I dont think DCL is a bad player, I think he's a good player.

His attitude to putting himself on the line though has been horrific for years...even before the injuries.

I remember an away game about 4 seasons ago and Richarlison swung in a fantastic cross into the path of DCL but he held back from it when the GK was coming out for it. Richarlison turned away in disgust.

He's never been a brave player and I think he picks and chooses when he comes back after injury...and successive managers have pampered him in that respect.

He is literally injured right now doing the opposite of this?

Beto is here to save us now 🤣🤣🤣

IMG_4736.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back