2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he doesn't want to be here then we have to sell him, simple....

However if he does want to stay then we need to get a deal done as even average strikers cost silly money these days...

For example, Brighton just sold some random bit part 28 year old striker to stuttgart for 26 rising to 30 mill...

When the southern Tom Davies costs 35mill as well you know fees are mad

I think it would be best if we all collectively made our peace with the fact he’s staying.
This was always most likely to me.
I think both the club and himself vastly overestimate what people outside of the Everton sphere think he is worth.
If the club were asking 20M and he was asking for 80k a week, maybe a deal gets done. If rumors are true about a 35M price tag and him asking for 130K plus a week, no one is jumping in on that.

Basically yes mate, top lad, knows nothing about footy besides his constant references to being an ex player, ginger haired fat pudding as his sidekick, constantly intimating they have contacts they don't, and a very close connection to redmen TV who basically kept them going as a channel in the early days.

But yeah proper true blues they are and so informed.

Baz is an ex player? For who?

The wheels are turning...View attachment 268230

Seems in better spirits in this photo mate

View attachment 268262
[/QUOTE

Hopefully an acceptable offer comes in.

Personally I really rate DCL and hope that he signs a new contract. Needs sorting soon though. We should still be looking to bring in another striker and that lad at Luton is a proper handful.

Average player if you look at his career.

For £25mil we could sign someone far superior.

I can’t say I was there like, but that looks to me like he was telling Tarks that he laughed his head off when he told Red Kev he wouldn’t get out of bed next season for less that £150k per week and he shove his paltry £100k offer up his vast hooter.
Tarks being the professional he, is just humouring him and thinking pipe down soft lad.
Might wrong but that what it looks like to me.

"The Everton Da's are fuming with me Tarks...they dont really want me to extend but are panicking i may leave on a free :)

Imagine their faces seeing me here! Totally unintentionally wumming them...in their heads rent free eh Tarks"

--Sure Dom. Whatever you say...sigh

Bobbles mate would have been all over that. Probably had it for his dinner the little sewer rat.

Thats very harsh and unsavoury.

I heard that he's a big fan of yours and obsessed with you.

I’m starting to understand our rumoured £30m asking price if Solanke is worth over £60m 😂

A number of injuries but aside from knee, nothing dramatic for a few years. Has just come off his best season.

Also he has a longer contract.

£35mil with injuries, a low scoring season and one season on his contract remaining...

...seems high for DCL. Personally think £25mil is reasonable.

Thelwell tends to get decent fees (someone called him Sellwell on here!) but i think hes shooting for another universe on this one.

Only been skim reading through the close season but what is the true score here, does anyone know?
Is DCL not willing to sign a new contract? If so will he then go on a free next summer?
If that is the case (and it may not be) but surely Everton would be moving heaven and earth now to get rid, yet I don't see him seriously being touted. Seems a strange situation if I read it right.
The people who do know don't post on here. So we just keep going round and round and round.

Got a worse goals per min ratio than Dom... not saying Dom is worth £35m right now but against £60m Solanke I can see why.
Dom is similar player to solenko.
Fee for strikers is high.
It why people moaning about us wasting 25m Beto or 15m on chem - they have performed exactly how I would expect at that price point.
It’s gambles and ones for the future

195k a week he wants, disgrace.
Hahaha!!

Can anyone honestly say they know anything about what his Contract Demands are, I very much doubt it, yet it's brought up all the time.

It's more likely 'Length of Contract on offer then Wages' at his Age he's gonna want a lengthy contract, Where as any club will be looking at his past Injury record and not likely offering him a long Contract.

Got a worse goals per min ratio than Dom... not saying Dom is worth £35m right now but against £60m Solanke I can see why.

One has a 3 year deal and hasnt got a dreadful recent injury history.

The others' best season was years ago with no crowd and now its unlikely that his conversion rate 1v1 is close to 50%

£25mil for DCL would be ace.

Dom is similar player to solenko.
Fee for strikers is high.
It why people moaning about us wasting 25m Beto or 15m on chem - they have performed exactly how I would expect at that price point.
It’s gambles and ones for the future

Again, you arent considering the most relevant and key point...

...Beto and Chermiti were no money down and the total on the drip. They would have almost certainly been cheaper if money was put down.

Also, Chermiti is 20 and looks like he has something. He'll surprise a few, i think but for this injury he'd have been 2nd choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.