2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

But if he never wins headers how is he in the 91st percentile for aerial duels won. Do the math.

I also never said he was a greater passer?

I also never said he never wins headers.. just adding context to your stat.

Not a great passer or shooter is he.

Probably doing the night feeds and sleep duties this week. Could barely keep his eye open today.
Easily our best footballing option to play as a lone striker, yet people are still questioning it? Perhaps now is the time to take him out of the starting line up for the cup game and get him on as sub and running at tired legs with 25mins to go to get his confidence back. He needs to improve like a few others and today’s miss was poor. Whatever you think he’s our best option for how Dyche wants to play in the league

Last edited:
I always assumed that Sean Dyche has wanted to put DCL in the transfer window, but now everyone can see exactly what he is. I also think that if we do go down, Sean will lose his job straightaway just because of DCL.

I always assumed that Sean Dyche has wanted to put DCL in the transfer window, but now everyone can see exactly what he is. I also think that if we do go down, Sean will lose his job straightaway just because of DCL.
Yeah and not the other questionable selections/choices, solely cuz of DCL, makes sense.

How can we also include DCL's fashion sense in this argument is the big question?

His primary function is to score goals for the team.

As our sole striker every week he fails at that task.

If he is good at other stuff is irrelevant as a result.

Yeah and not the other questionable selections/choices, solely cuz of DCL, makes sense.

How can we also include DCL's fashion sense in this argument is the big question?

Can't believe Dyche took him off before all of the handbags were out after the Tarkowski tackle.

Yeah, the guy can't score goals but certainly he can contribute handbags.

What's his goals per game ratio, 1 goal in 4 or 5, or thereabouts? That's pretty much the sort of striker you would expect for a team hovering around the bottom 6 for several seasons. If he was 1 goal in 2 or 3 games, he'd have already been sold.