2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Thats a hell of a lot of moving around there joey just to accomodate a player. Dropping calvert lewin into midfield is a desperate sign. How about giving him 45 minutes to turn up and if he hasnt again then giving Beto more than 5 or 10 minutes.
If either get a few chances( that they have been) and we're still on 4 goals between them for the whole season is it not just time we accept we've got goal shy strikers.
Ive a bit more sympathy for Beto as he only gets 10 minutes here and there most of the time.
Ive read and listened to the cases for and against. The bottom line is 4 goals from your forwards by march is embarrassing. Its not all on dyche this.
Please read the opening line of my post Dyche may decide to rest him - I was just posting we have to start scoring in open play other than hoof & set pieces-
The importance of this us to change the set up in midfield & maybe upfront to achieve this as we are a one trick pony which is mainly hoof ball - we have not won a game in 2024. .
Our home form performances are particularly worrying , but this DCL thread just seems to blame one player...
I make numerous suggestions of formations & again we focus on DCL - dropping him is a idea but our midfield or style of play will not improve we do not move forwards as a team as chances players in the opposition box at home is very poor
Having the two slowest wingers in the prem is also culpable too if we play with one striker at home!
We have lost Rhico - Iwobi and Anthony Gordon- that has been a problem also ...

Please read the opening line of my post Dyche may decide to rest him - I was just posting we have to start scoring in open play other than hoof & set pieces-
The importance of this us to change the set up in midfield & maybe upfront to achieve this as we are a one trick pony which is mainly hoof ball - we have not won a game in 2024. .
Our home form performances are particularly worrying , but this DCL thread just seems to blame one player...
I make numerous suggestions of formations & again we focus on DCL - dropping him is a idea but our midfield or style of play will not improve we do not move forwards as a team as chances players in the opposition box at home is very poor
Having the two slowest wingers in the prem is also culpable too if we play with one striker at home!

Part of the reason we havent won a game in 2024 is because our striker hasnt scored since oct 2023.
And you're having a laugh with this DCL thread blames one player. For a striker who hasnt scored for 22 games i'd say he gets off quite lightly.
Here's hoping for saturday.

Part of the reason we havent won a game in 2024 is because our striker hasnt scored since oct 2023.
And you're having a laugh with this DCL thread blames one player. For a striker who hasnt scored for 22 games i'd say he gets off quite lightly.
Here's hoping for saturday.
Maupay who is nowhere as good as DCL has bagged goals for Brentford in a 443 formation he scored one for us in our set up!

This is it! Well put Joey.

20240301_102832.jpg

Dyche probably should have benched him a few games ago. Let him realise he needs to start scoring. I dont think he is getting great service but some of the chances he has had should have been converted.

Interesting to see if he starts tomorrow.

So all our team woes are down to one player = DCL?
Not the fact our wingers are so slow ?
We don't move forwards as a team ?
Plus we have very little in midfield ?

He has missed a few sitters I have agreed, but when Beto has come on so as he ......

Its the midfield & wingers imo