2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

No confidence. He’s missed chances but he knows he’s only getting once chance a game so massive pressure to convert it. The rest of the game the manager has him running the channels. No surprise about his current goal record.

In the two previous home games, spurs & palace, calvert lewin had 7 shots. Hit the target. 1
Beto in yesterdays game had 5. Hit the target 4 times. Scored 1. Even if you take the pen out he's had better stats than calvert lewin in one game. Im even doing him a favour by not going back any further than the two home games because believe me the stats just get worse. As brutal as beto might be i think its a fair guess over the 22 games calvert lewin has had he wouldnt be anywhere near as abysmal as 0 in 22. Well he isnt. He's already proved that
This he gets 1 chance a game simply isnt true and i dont know where the hell some are getting it from. I hope him getting dropped has the desired effect because the striker who replaced him from the start yesterday had a bigger impact.
So many excuses its untrue.

In the two previous home games, spurs & palace, calvert lewin had 7 shots. Hit the target. 1
Beto in yesterdays game had 5. Hit the target 4 times. Scored 1. Even if you take the pen out he's had better stats than calvert lewin in one game. Im even doing him a favour by not going back any further than the two home games because believe me the stats just get worse. As brutal as beto might be i think its a fair guess over the 22 games calvert lewin has had he wouldnt be anywhere near as abysmal as 0 in 22. Well he isnt. He's already proved that
This he gets 1 chance a game simply isnt true and i dont know where the hell some are getting it from. I hope him getting dropped has the desired effect because the striker who replaced him from the start yesterday had a bigger impact.
So many excuses its untrue.
He spends most of the game running the channels or winning headers on the halfway line. This is down to how the manager wants us to play.
He sets the team up not to lose. McNeil and Harrison pretty much sit in front of the fullback, this leaves DCL having to work the channels when the ball is hit up top. Dyche needs to keep DCL around the box (where he had his best season) push Harrison and McNeil further up around him.

move to a flat midfield three who can then cover the wide areas infront of the fullbacks. When the ball is won back we then have options in the final third.

The managers style of play is outdated. Nobody plays for draws or to nick a one goal win anymore.