2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

I saw the graphic and I remember the pen, it went as high as possible into the net as it can go, no keeper saves those. Where did the Leicester keeper dive that night? To the right. Where did it end up? In the goal. He has got the mental battle right against every keeper bar 1 now by being consistent.

I never said it was a great pen, but it went in, so I wasn't that bothered, just like almost every one he takes went in.

You didn't say it was just a crap pen though, you said:

You want to change an 8 out of 9 pen taker for a new signing or our goalkeeper.

You were, objectively, annoyed he scored that pen last night but carry on being a dweeb.
You realise that wanting the keeper to take our pens was a joke right…. I mean pickford is good but he’s no rogerio ceni.

You and I both know that Dom only takes our pens because he’s the striker and it’s his responsibility to score goals and not because of his shooting ability. His last two pens have been crap and the keepers have nearly saved them. I am not confident at all when he steps up to take our pens.

I wasn’t annoyed he scored I was annoyed how bad the pen was. I want someone taking our pens who is more convincing at taking them. There is no way he’s our best pen taker in the team.

You realise that wanting the keeper to take our pens was a joke right…. I mean pickford is good but he’s no rogerio ceni.

You and I both know that Dom only takes our pens because he’s the striker and it’s his responsibility to score goals and not because of his shooting ability. His last two pens have been crap and the keepers have nearly saved them. I am not confident at all when he steps up to take our pens.

I wasn’t annoyed he scored I was annoyed how bad the pen was. I want someone taking our pens who is more convincing at taking them. There is no way he’s our best pen taker in the team.

Well who in the team would you swap him for on pens? You can't advocate dropping an 8-in-9 pen taker. I am always confident he'll score them. His last two haven't been the best placed but powerful enough to not matter. His pens before that have been absolutely unreal - just go back and watch them all.

I thought he done some good stuff last night and then had other moments where he was a little slow to react and gave there centre halves moments of peace and tranquility.

Should have buried the header as well 2nd half.

Overall though it's good to see him back amongst the goals. Hopefully he signs off the season with another 2 or 3 and gets to 10 for the season.

It’s a shame he’s had so many injuries. He has all the attributes to be a really good striker in the Prem and an England international - just as he was a few years ago.

I think we’ll only see flashes of his potential from now on.

4 goals in 5 games and all his haters have left is how he places the penos he scores.

You can lock this thread now Mods.

The good guys won.

licensed-image

Stated on here quite a few times. If he got 12/13 goals a season and put himself about as a number 9 for the rest of it there wouldnt be an issue.
His stats last season. 2 goals. 1 assist. Season before, 5 goals, 1 assist. This year. 6 months without a goal.
Its so slim pickings.
His stats the season before that were 16 goals and you still had issues with him

Dom has had bad luck with injuries, am sure it has annoyed him even more than it has you, and managers that rushed him back too soon because we had very little cover that exacerbated those injuries. And as you highlighted in one of those comments the service to him is hardly great so I don’t think his recent stats are all of his own making.

Is there room for improvement, I think Dom would be the first to agree there is, but tbh seems a bit odd to focus on him right now when he’s scored 4 in 5 games.