2024/25 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

As he would now with any move or had he signed a new deal.

It’s really not surprising there don’t seem to be many suitors. Injury past and a 1 in 5 goal record since the covid year. That record becomes worse when you take out the penalties.

Err nah. That’s not what I’m on about. Free agency sign on fees are very hefty for the player compared to what they’d get with a normal move.

As he would now with any move or had he signed a new deal.

It’s really not surprising there don’t seem to be many suitors. Injury past and a 1 in 5 goal record since the covid year. That record becomes worse when you take out the penalties.

Which is why we should have lowered our asking price from the start and now should be willing to take anything close to 20m in a heartbeat.

At the end of the day he is a niche striker. If you can get him service into the box and allow him to run onto crosses, he will be effective for you. To me, that reads backup striker for a lot of teams. I do think he is very useful for the right squad but he isn’t convincing anyone with his recent form.
His recent form which as lasted 3 seasons no wonder we can't get rid only one club would be willing to pay what we're asking for him but unfortunately we are that club.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back