2024/25 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Lukaku getting his move today got me thinking.

These days even his biggest detractors must see him in a very positive light when you compare how it seems to have gone for both here. Some were very unhappy with Lukaku selling himself constantly but at least he made the club a good bit of money and is still our top premier league era scorer with a very impressive 68 league goals in 4 seasons.

Dom with a respectable 54 goals in 8 seasons.
We look to be getting nothing back on Dom at this point.

Yes Lukaku might have annoyed us with looking for a move in the press every opportunity but it paid off to a handsome 50 million quid profit for the club. I think he did right by us.

Don’t want to sell him now as I simply have no confidence that 1) we would get a replacement or 2) that replacement would be well scouted. I think the best position we have available to us now, is that he stays, takes the brakes off and start to put effort in and play well for a future somewhere whether that be us (doubtful) or elsewhere. That would see a benefit to us.

One thing is for sure if he stinks the gaff out for the remainder of the time he has with us the way he has been doing lately, yes he will get a bosman move but it will not be a glamorous move or as financially lucrative has he would have wanted which is why he will need to play well to out himself in the right shop window.

It's worth pointing out that until Carlo, got him playing well, he was pretty useless. In my view players like Beckford Saha, Andy Johnson were better than him. He was given a huge amount of chances, compared to Kean. He'll never be a top class striker, because he's too inconsistent. He's been mostly crap forvus however I have no trust in Everton to replace him.

It's worth pointing out that until Carlo, got him playing well, he was pretty useless. In my view players like Beckford Saha, Andy Johnson were better than him. He was given a huge amount of chances, compared to Kean. He'll never be a top class striker, because he's too inconsistent. He's been mostly crap forvus however I have no trust in Everton to replace him.

Jermaine Beckford? C'mon man.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back