2024/25 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Lukaku getting his move today got me thinking.

These days even his biggest detractors must see him in a very positive light when you compare how it seems to have gone for both here. Some were very unhappy with Lukaku selling himself constantly but at least he made the club a good bit of money and is still our top premier league era scorer with a very impressive 68 league goals in 4 seasons.

Dom with a respectable 54 goals in 8 seasons.
We look to be getting nothing back on Dom at this point.

Yes Lukaku might have annoyed us with looking for a move in the press every opportunity but it paid off to a handsome 50 million quid profit for the club. I think he did right by us.
Never begrudged Rom a move, even if it turned out to be a massive mistake to go to United, what I despised was Koeman gift wrapping him without a plan to replace him cos it definitely wasn’t meant to be DCL so early

I would love to know what our valuation is for Dom

It's been very clear for weeks that the contract extension isn't gonna happen. So I dont know why we have not made a sale happen.

I really do think there would be bids in the 15m region. But then there were reports early in the window of us wanting well over 30m and that's not realistic.

I dont see why we would want to keep an unhappy player when the alternative is a free transfer. So thats why it would be interesting to know what our valuation is.

Is our value too high or are there just no interested clubs?

It's been very clear for weeks that the contract extension isn't gonna happen. So I dont know why we have not made a sale happen.

I really do think there would be bids in the 15m region. But then there were reports early in the window of us wanting well over 30m and that's not realistic.

I dont see why we would want to keep an unhappy player when the alternative is a free transfer. So thats why it would be interesting to know what our valuation is.

Farhad moshiri

I think some at the club, maybe not Thelwell, think we can get £30m and he thinks like most of us that we’d be better getting £15m maybe less given his contract status. What certainly can’t happen, but Dyche will ensure it will, is Dom starting on Saturday or going forth if nothing happens tomorrow

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back