2024/25 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

I would love to know what our valuation is for Dom

It's been very clear for weeks that the contract extension isn't gonna happen. So I dont know why we have not made a sale happen.

I really do think there would be bids in the 15m region. But then there were reports early in the window of us wanting well over 30m and that's not realistic.

I dont see why we would want to keep an unhappy player when the alternative is a free transfer. So thats why it would be interesting to know what our valuation is.

Is our value too high or are there just no interested clubs ?

I don’t think it’s either. I’m sure there are several interested clubs willing to pay close to our valuation, whatever it is, but they will be Saudi clubs or clubs that Dom doesn’t want to join.

I believe that he believes he’s still that international level striker chased by Arsenal, Spurs, Newcastle not long ago and he is waiting for those type of clubs. He will be more attractive to those type of clubs as a free agent.

I think some at the club, maybe not Thelwell, think we can get £30m and he thinks like most of us that we’d be better getting £15m maybe less given his contract status. What certainly can’t happen, but Dyche will ensure it will, is Dom starting on Saturday or going forth if nothing happens tomorrow

But he’s a better chance for survival than Beto? Why intentionally gimp yourself?

I don’t think it’s either. I’m sure there are several interested clubs willing to pay close to our valuation, whatever it is, but they will be Saudi clubs or clubs that Dom doesn’t want to join.

I believe that he believes he’s still that international level striker chased by Arsenal, Spurs, Newcastle not long ago and he is waiting for those type of clubs. He will be more attractive to those type of clubs as a free agent.

He's wanted Chelsea for months

If I had to put 50p on it, if he doesn't sign for Chelsea tomorrow he will sign for Newcastle on a free next summer.

I think some at the club, maybe not Thelwell, think we can get £30m and he thinks like most of us that we’d be better getting £15m maybe less given his contract status. What certainly can’t happen, but Dyche will ensure it will, is Dom starting on Saturday or going forth if nothing happens tomorrow
I dont know how I feel about it if he stays.

He's clearly the best forward at the club. But by not signing the contract he's shown he doesn't want to stay here. And his 2 performances so far this season have been poor. There's not much competition for his place either.

It's not a good situation. Not for the team or the club financially. It should have been handled better by the club.

Doesn’t strike me as a player that would down tools.

Maybe it’s not something he will consciously do but it will be in his mind that his body has been fragile in the past and, knowing he has that huge contract offer on the table from his new club, he can’t afford an injury.

In split second moments when he’s tiring, will he close that extra yard? Will he put his body on the line to make that block or go in for that 50:50 with a defender?

I’m not sure I would.

Maybe it’s not something he will consciously do but it will be in his mind that his body has been fragile in the past and, knowing he has that huge contract offer on the table from his new club, he can’t afford an injury.

In split second moments when he’s tiring, will he close that extra yard? Will he put his body on the line to make that block or go in for that 50:50 with a defender?

I’m not sure I would.

Will he have this? He needs to play, and play well, to demand this.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back