2024/25 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

If we can get Fofana and a RW but it means DCL goes I'd say done deal. Fofana only and DCL going I think is a bit risky still but understandable if they did it. DCL going but nobody coming in, no thanks.

I don’t trust Everton at all mate, we’re 8 years trying to sign a decent centre forward and 4 trying to sign a decent winger - I’ve zero faith we could do both in a day.

To be honest , I’d keep him now and I would have been firmly in the camp of sell him and try and bring someone else is.

My reasoning is this - we need a centre forward.
It's a crap situation really. There's no point accepting some derisory offer when you'll not have the money or even possibly the time to replace him in any way.

I think at this point unless we can get 15m plus, and EARLY tomorrow, and have an obvious replacement ready to pull the trigger, you have to shelve it and maybe hope some team has a striker crisis come January and you could get 7 or 8 million off them then.

In the meantime just got to keep going with him and hope his need to win a move next year keeps him motivated.

It's a crap situation really. There's no point accepting some derisory offer when you'll not have the money or even possibly the time to replace him in any way.

I think at this point unless we can get 15m plus, and EARLY tomorrow, and have an obvious replacement ready to pull the trigger, you have to shelve it and maybe hope some team has a striker crisis come January and you could get 7 or 8 million off them then.

In the meantime just got to keep going with him and hope his need to win a move next year keeps him motivated.

It’s the disruption at this stage mate - what’s it worth to us. We can’t be knocking balls up to Beto for the season - it’s not his game. Unless we do something different, but not sure we have the players to or we’ve planned for it. Start of August sure - but it’s clear now we’ve planned for Dom. If he goes we will be reinventing the wheel or making the wrong peices fit and that going to take time and we need results.

If he stays I think it could get toxic - but I don’t care - I don’t want another season were we don’t have options up front like two years ago.

It means we will have to swallow a 20 mill profit - but for me that’s better then being short at this stage.

He may have burned some bridges to, believe he’s been a bell to the club through all of this.

No one wins really - all bluffs could get called!

It’s the disruption at this stage mate - what’s it worth to us. We can’t be knocking balls up to Beto for the season - it’s not his game. Unless we do something different, but not sure we have the players to or we’ve planned for it. Start of August sure - but it’s clear now we’ve planned for Dom. If he goes we will be reinventing the wheel or making the wrong peices fit and that going to take time and we need results.

If he stays I think it could get toxic - but I don’t care - I don’t want another season were we don’t have options up front like two years ago.

It means we will have to swallow a 20 mill profit - but for me that’s better then being short at this stage.

He may have burned some bridges to, believe he’s been a bell to the club through all of this.

No one wins really - all bluffs could get called!
Yeah I think him and his representatives have made an arse of it, for him as much as anyone.

Maybe the road of of the impasse is a contract extension with a modest release clause next summer, that way he doesn't totally shaft the club, and isn't seen to be shafting the club, and can play on without a cloud over it, while still being able to get a move should one preset itself. Cos if he stays he needs to play and if he plays we need to find a way to get behind him I guess.

I don’t trust Everton at all mate, we’re 8 years trying to sign a decent centre forward and 4 trying to sign a decent winger - I’ve zero faith we could do both in a day.
They kind of just stopped when they had Dom tho. Yeah, they brought in other players but Dom throwing himself around with 0 end product was always picked first. And I'm not, AT ALL, saying Kean was better but Kean's first touch with us was a shot that hit the post from like 35 yards out. Dom has scored like 2 goals from outside the box.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back