2024/25 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

They kind of just stopped when they had Dom tho. Yeah, they brought in other players but Dom throwing himself around with 0 end product was always picked first. And I'm not, AT ALL, saying Kean was better but Kean's first touch with us was a shot that hit the post from like 35 yards out. Dom has scored like 2 goals from outside the box.

No I think your spot on mate, I get what your saying completely, have posted similar here before.

Kean went out and brought double digits for PSG, but never got much more than 10 mins for us.

It’s illustrative of the point you are making and I agree.

You’d think he’d be everything Dyche would want in a striker, Big ,strong, athletic ,good in the air,
But the service to him has been diabolical and not just to DCL but the way the team is set up in general, we play one upfront home and away and for me that’s appalling,
More often than not DCL is being marked by two international centre half’s and with no support within 20 yards of him,
It’s an extremely difficult job to do and often a thankless task,
I wouldn’t blame him if he wanted away,
Saying that he’s clearly got flaws in his game too, he’s just not a natural striker and I wouldn’t bet a penny on him to score in a one on one situation,
I think it’s best for all parties if he moves on asap, but if the alternative is Beto, I’d rather he sees out his contract.

I still like him, if he goes anywhere today he’ll probably start banging them in. I’m thinking West Ham or villa. No evidence of that, just that they seem to be buying everyone else!

You’d think he’d be everything Dyche would want in a striker, Big ,strong, athletic ,good in the air,
But the service to him has been diabolical and not just to DCL but the way the team is set up in general, we play one upfront home and away and for me that’s appalling,
More often than not DCL is being marked by two international centre half’s and with no support within 20 yards of him,
It’s an extremely difficult job to do and often a thankless task,
I wouldn’t blame him if he wanted away,
Saying that he’s clearly got flaws in his game too, he’s just not a natural striker and I wouldn’t bet a penny on him to score in a one on one situation,
I think it’s best for all parties if he moves on asap, but if the alternative is Beto, I’d rather he sees out his contract.
There were games he didn't get service and played out of position, but also many games he missed big chances from open play. His goal return should have reached double diggits.

Doesn't help when we don't have many decent crossers in the team...

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back