2024/25 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

I’ll be dead annoyed if the contract offer is still on the table and he ends up signing it because no one wants to sign him.

His performances don’t warrant a new contract.
Reduce the terms immediately imo. Keep the contract on the table until January to keep him motivated, if he doesn't sign it by the first week of the transfer window put him up for sale, 10m ought to do, and if there is no offer freeze him out of the squad and play Keane instead.

Chelsea not getting Toney
Brentford need a striker

I dont see any other options. And I dont think either of those options are very likely either. I suppose you can never rule out a last minute bid by Chelsea because its Chelsea. But I think he is going to stay.

Reduce the terms immediately imo. Keep the contract on the table until January to keep him motivated, if he doesn't sign it by the first week of the transfer window put him up for sale, 10m ought to do, and if there is no offer freeze him out of the squad and play Keane instead.
Just drop him. He has offered nothing for 3 years yet the club and fans are scrambling to come up with scenarios where we get him to signs contract or sell him. He's wank.

DCL gives us nothing, at least Beto is more of a disruption up front.
DCL is very disruptive, he has great off the ball play and always drags and moves defenders around. Works in the channels and creates space.
Obviously he can't finish to save his life, but neither can Beto.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back