2024/25 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

The issue as I see it is than none of our strikers is suited to being a lone striker, all fine at holding it up but there's nobody around to hold it up for, and by the time the attacking mid get forward the defence has had time to get sorted.

Indeed.

Haven't even got the pace for counter. Tried for Minteh, Philogene, Gnonto... still haven't managed to bring it in.

It's why we defend deep, protect the point and hope to nick a goal from a set piece.

:lol::lol::lol:

Everton have so far rejected bids from United, Newcastle and Chelsea, that we know of.

I wish people would stop saying "nobody wants him", its boring.
Can you see him starting even 20 games in a season for those clubs? All wanted him for half or lower than his asking price. Absolutely nobody rates him as a £25m forward on £130k a week except Everton despite continuouspoor performance.

How come Toney is going for 40 mil but we are outrageously demanding 25 for Dom?

I thought slavery was abolished
Interesting how few takers there are for either of them. I thought both would go for a discount towards the end of the window (which may still happen, of course) with quite a few clubs sniffing around but it's only the Saudi club for Toney and nobody for DCL.

Interesting how few takers there are for either of them. I thought both would go for a discount towards the end of the window (which may still happen, of course) with quite a few clubs sniffing around but it's only the Saudi club for Toney and nobody for DCL.

Other teams have eyes mate. And Toney it's about the gambling thing no doubt making a lot wary of spending decent money on him.

Other teams have eyes mate. And Toney it's about the gambling thing no doubt making a lot wary of spending decent money on him.
I don't know, I think both are good players, I just think they've maybe overestimated their value and their bargaining positions. I think both thought that 12 months on their contract would yield a bunch of interest and assumed their clubs would take lowball offers. I think they also assumed that in a years time they could cash in if this plan went South, which might be true, I suppose, but they might be rethinking that now.

Reckon so. Upper mid table teams restricted by PSR in particular have to be so careful now with £30m+ signings. Wouldn’t want it to be someone with fitness, form or conduct doubts at all. And ideally wouldnt want it to be a contract that sees them tied in to paying a 32 year old £100k plus if they decide to just see it out.

Everyone wants a cheaper younger prospect that at worst will probably get sold for break-even and could see them double their money if it works out, or go all in on a guaranteed star (all of whom only want to go to CL clubs).

It absolutely kills us.

And will do so again.

We routinely bottom 3 for chances created, and there's a direct correlation with goals scored.

Dictates relegation scrap.
Supports one of the most negative managers to ever manage in the premier league.

Manager makes no effort to bring in attacking players, preferring to bring in players like Harrison who have no attacking threat or return above aimlessly lumping crosses to the crowd behind the goal.

Asks what else the manager can do except play negatively with the players he has available.

This is the negative cycle the club has gotten itself into and the longer dyche stays at the club the worse and more entrenched the problem gets.

It absolutely kills us.

And will do so again.

We routinely bottom 3 for chances created, and there's a direct correlation with goals scored.

Dictates relegation scrap.

Everton were 12th last season for chances created. Ahead of west ham. Fulham. Forest palace wolves and the eventual bottom 3. All but sheff united scored less.
When your forward doesnt score for 6 months even though you're creating more chances thats what tends to happen. Other teams score more.

Chris wood. 14 goals from open play.
Calvert lewin 5 goals from open play.

Forest below Everton on chances created over the season.

Any chance we could look at our own striker?

Everton were 12th last season for chances created. Ahead of west ham. Fulham. Forest palace wolves and the eventual bottom 3. All but sheff united scored less.
When your forward doesnt score for 6 months even though you're creating more chances thats what tends to happen. Other teams score more.

Chris wood. 14 goals from open play.
Calvert lewin 5 goals from open play.

Forest below Everton on chances created over the season.

Any chance we could look at our own striker?

That challenges the myth of us not creating anything though mate and this brings up the fact we have an atrocious set of finishers.

Heard all the excuses about we do rarely get a chance that the player snaps at it etc. all rubbish, we create an average number of 'good' chances for a mid table side.

We just miss those chances way more than a mid table side should do.

But when you have a completely left footed winger cutting infield, a natural left winger stuck wide right, a CF who can't hit a barn door and Doucoure being the one hitting the box late with his rhino hooves for feet what do we expect

That challenges the myth of us not creating anything though mate and this brings up the fact we have an atrocious set of finishers.

Heard all the excuses about we do rarely get a chance that the player snaps at it etc. all rubbish, we create an average number of 'good' chances for a mid table side.

We just miss those chances way more than a mid table side should do.

But when you have a completely left footed winger cutting infield, a natural left winger stuck wide right, a CF who can't hit a barn door and Doucoure being the one hitting the box late with his rhino hooves for feet what do we expect

I mean i wouldnt say we're great but you're right it was a myth last season( not this season so far)
Dyche for all the stick he got last season about XG.
We created chances galore in the first few home games we lost. As you say. The finishing was non existent.
You know sometimes you've got to have a long look at who's missing them. It wasnt just calvert lewin. But he was certainly one of them.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back