2024/25 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Problem is, how far away is the guy with the ball when's he's doing them runs, if he's doing them expecting us to have James Rodriguez pinging in 40 yarders into his path then he may as well save his energy.

The options thing again highlights what I was saying, if he has no options then why does it matter if he's better winning it in the air or holding it up than Beto, it's a dead rubber stat given our system.

Whole team is too deep and we've not got the pace to bridge, or player who can progress the ball from deep so yes he's isolated and will struggle to even retain the ball - but he'll do it better than Beto.

The weeks will go by, confidence will zap.

Suddenly the runs you should be making, you aren't because human nature is what it is.

We desperately needed some pace out wide, and preferably a full back who can cross a ball.

Recruitment have failed on both again.

Whole team is too deep and we've not got the pace to bridge, or player who can progress the ball from deep so yes he's isolated and will struggle to even retain the ball - but he'll do it better than Beto.

Suddenly the runs you should be making, you aren't because human nature is what it is.

We desperately needed some pace out wide, and preferably a full back who can cross a ball.

Ain’t that the truth.

I'd argue that we also needed as urgently to bin off Doucoure as the closest support, it's criminal that we have him playing there still.

Just a bit.

Understand it in the past as we've had no one else.

We'll see NDiaye take that position, surely. Or even Lindstrom when he finds his legs.

You'd hope so yes.

But it already looks like Dyche would rather shift McNeil into that position rather than either, which if anything will worse the problem of getting support around the striker as he is molasses slow.

Anyone giving DCL stick for what is happening during this transfer window needs to give their heads a wobble.

The guy has done nothing wrong, he has looked to get his last big deal for him and his family which anyone would do in his position.

So because we have had no one to meet our valuation that's not his fault, if he stays which looks like he is then let's support him when he is on the pitch as he is better than anything we have.

Yes I do agree he has not been brilliant but some of that is down to the way we play and the service he gets from Harrison & McNeil.

Anyone giving DCL stick for what is happening during this transfer window needs to give their heads a wobble.

The guy has done nothing wrong, he has looked to get his last big deal for him and his family which anyone would do in his position.

So because we have had no one to meet our valuation that's not his fault, if he stays which looks like he is then let's support him when he is on the pitch as he is better than anything we have.

Yes I do agree he has not been brilliant but some of that is down to the way we play and the service he gets from Harrison & McNeil.
If he asked for a move late as reported by some, I’d disagree with that. I think there is a lot of wrongdoing from both sides here and it all started with Dom’s new agent.

In this case, we should never get angry with any of them if they choose to f this club over and running down contracts?

Play
Chris Wood scored double figures every season under him.
Yeah, and Chris Wood achieved that again under Nuno, who is almost as defensive minded as Dyche. 48 shots in total 26 on target, 14 goals.

Luckily he missed a good chance against us. 48% shots on target is pretty good.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back