2024/25 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

The Premier League changed their "chances created" to "big chances created" but routinely, we've been bottom 3 for chances created.

To Dyches credit, he's improved it. A lot has been from set pieces, mind.

Search my posts on here, I said Chris Wood was a good signing for them and wanted us to get him for the same reason. He does that role well.

Anyone who watches Everton will see the problem we've had for years is a lack of pace, or ability across the entire front 3.

It's too easy to just point at the striker, whoever it is when this is a massive part of the problem;

View attachment 271289

View attachment 271291

So we've now got it wasnt the right sort of chances created to he's made the most runs. Its amazing nobody is buying him off those. Oh, weve got a new one. Everton have priced him out of a move.
Its just excuse after excuse.
nobody wants him for a very good reason.
Lets hope we can get at least something out of him for the rest of the season.

So we've now got it wasnt the right sort of chances created to he's made the most runs. Its amazing nobody is buying him off those. Oh, weve got a new one. Everton have priced him out of a move.

It's OK mate we'll lash Beto there and be sound. He'll slot for fun with all the chances we're creating won't he?

I think once he gets up and running he'll be one great striker. It's not his fault he plays for a poor attacking team. Sell him relegation battle, keep him and we'll be OK. Let him leave on a free next season if he wants to. There's no way in a billion years we will replace him with better this season so anyone wanting him to go must want us to go down!

If & its a big If if DCL stays & starts scoring heavily we may sell him in the January transfer window ?

TBH, any top striker will struggle to score with our Hoof Ball Tactics & slow wingers & no overlapping fullbacks ....

It's OK mate we'll lash Beto there and be sound. He'll slot for fun with all the chances we're creating won't he?

Both cannot finish 8 of 24 big chances scored... I remember both missing sitters from open play.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-08-30 175641.webp
    Screenshot 2024-08-30 175641.webp
    19.9 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot 2024-08-30 180118.webp
    Screenshot 2024-08-30 180118.webp
    17.5 KB · Views: 2
The Premier League changed their "chances created" to "big chances created" but routinely, we've been bottom 3 for chances created.

To Dyches credit, he's improved it. A lot has been from set pieces, mind.

Search my posts on here, I said Chris Wood was a good signing for them and wanted us to get him for the same reason. He does that role well.

Anyone who watches Everton will see the problem we've had for years is a lack of pace, or ability across the entire front 3.

It's too easy to just point at the striker, whoever it is when this is a massive part of the problem;

View attachment 271289

View attachment 271291
What's an attacking run defined as?

It doesn't get defined anywhere in that article.

Anyone giving DCL stick for what is happening during this transfer window needs to give their heads a wobble.

The guy has done nothing wrong, he has looked to get his last big deal for him and his family which anyone would do in his position.

So because we have had no one to meet our valuation that's not his fault, if he stays which looks like he is then let's support him when he is on the pitch as he is better than anything we have.

Yes I do agree he has not been brilliant but some of that is down to the way we play and the service he gets from Harrison & McNeil.
It's because he wants a wedge mate.

I don't believe this nonsense about the club asking too much.

Both cannot finish
Beto at least has an excuse. New to the league, played irregularly, not favored by the manager and is fairly new to the game. Dom not so much. He has been in the league and prioritized for years, plenty of experience and regular minutes and game time. We have an issue where we continue on with players that obviously don’t want to be here like Schneiderin and Dom and it’s debilitating to the team. We needed to move him and get a replacement in. We failed.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back