2024/25 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

5 from open play isnt good enough over a full season.
If he stays i want him to score tomorrow. I couldnt care less who is playing. I want to see a forward now and then create a chance for himself. Ndiaye created a goal for himself the other night.
My expectations of calvert lewin aren't even that high. But its never his fault is it.
He was out most of the season injured, have you forgot his goal that sealed our Derby win ?

It's madness when you think about it for a non-elite player with a very sketchy injury history to have about 25m in guaranteed income on the table and him and his agents are turning their noses up at it. Every single penny of it could disappear in an instant.

Yeah it's very strange to be angry at players sucking a massive wage and giving very little back while seeing their contract out and seeing us denied a fee.

Why would anyone be angry at that when the club is struggling for money? Bizarre really.

Yes it's a contract. It has a beginning and end. There are two parties, he's not the only one. If the club was concerned about protecting its investment, it would have addressed it awhile ago. But the club is a dumpster fire, which is likely one of the reasons he wants out.

Seems like an odd thing to be angry over.

Not for nothing, I always find it odd (not you specifically) that with money, many often side with the billionaires we have nothing in common with instead of the guys who mostly come from similar or worse economic backgrounds than the majority.

I don't find it odd at all, we support the institution, not the player. Personally i find it odd the other way around.

You said he was out injured for most of the season. Over 30 appearances doesn’t reflect that.
He was playing via injury he came off many a game to save him for the next game - the signing of Beto is where we wasted 29 million DCL cost us !/2 a million .... & could not even score from a pen - DCL is up there on his own his build up play & chasing down is miles better than Betos ....

Both get very poor service - slowest team in the league ....

He was playing via injury he came off many a game to save him for the next game - the signing of Beto is where we wasted 29 million DCL cost us !/2 a million .... & could not even score from a pen - DCL is up there on his own his build up play & chasing down is miles better than Betos ....

Both get very poor service - slowest team in the league ....

“Out injured” you said

Look I’m not arguing your point about the way we play under Dyche, it’s awful. He’s been here years and only ever shown something remotely close to what we need in one season under Carlo.

I get it, you rate the lad, you see a player there.

Yes it's a contract. It has a beginning and end. There are two parties, he's not the only one. If the club was concerned about protecting its investment, it would have addressed it awhile ago. But the club is a dumpster fire, which is likely one of the reasons he wants out.

How should they have addressed it?

By trying to sell him like they've been doing all summer?

“Out injured” you said

Look I’m not arguing your point about the way we play under Dyche, it’s awful. He’s been here years and only ever shown something remotely close to what we need in one season under Carlo.

I get it, you rate the lad, you see a player there.
He is better than Beto the alternative - it's a pity Chermiti got injured TBH -

Whoever decided to lay out close to £30m on Beto should be fired. Structured payment or not.
I have watched semi pro football many years ago & knew Barry Hales was going to make the grade .... even scored v us in the Prem he was with Stevenage - went to Fulham - I saw at least 5 no 9s better than Beto at that time too....

I thought Belfit & Bernie Wright were poor ..... & would never see the like again .....

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back