2024/25 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

The big danger now is that this feller - as bad as he is anyway - tunes out of playing for us after getting an inevitably bad reaction when he's missing chances in games.

We face massive danger by failing to offload this feller.
Club has messed up on this one. Played it all wrong.

Why are we dropping him exactly? The club are stopping him leaving.
I’d drop him because he wants to leave so he doesn’t want to be here. Him wanting to leave has meant we’ve had to place a valuation on him (it’s a ridiculous valuation to be fair). We would not have placed any valuation on him if he had wanted to stay.

He’s phoned it in so far this season, so his performances do not warrant him retaining his place. Bournemouth play a slightly higher line which I think is more suited to Beto (as poor as he is) who I think would keep them busier particularly if NDiaye okays. It also gives DCL an opportunity to reflect / re-set. He can come on as sun if not working.

DCL will score no more than 6 goals this season and for each of those 6 goals, will not celebrate with the fans because the bond is broken.

Then he'll leave at the end of the season on a free and we'll wonder why on earth we didn't flog him whilst we had a chance.

Not sure what more the club could have done really, especially if football clubs don’t actually want him.

The big danger now is that this feller - as bad as he is anyway - tunes out of playing for us after getting an inevitably bad reaction when he's missing chances in games.

Just sit him on the bench for a couple games. If he responds to it, great. If not, leave him there.

The Chelsea deal was a good one imo, he hasn’t done enough to be valued anywhere north of £20m based on the last 2 seasons

Just sit him on the bench for a couple games. If he responds to it, great. If not, leave him there.
If we had a much better striker that might be an option. However, we'll need him this season to at least act as a target man and hold the ball up.

I think he switches off and protects himself and his free move elsewhere next summer.

This is a disaster for the team.

Not sure what more the club could have done really, especially if football clubs don’t actually want him.
I would imagine that they don’t want him at the alleged ridiculous price we have put on him…..a player who scores less than 10 PL goals a season (closer to five actually), whose only ever had two decent goal scoring seasons in his career, with two really bad injury hit seasons going into the last season of his contract.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back