2024/25 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

I would imagine that they don’t want him at the alleged ridiculous price we have put on him…..a player who scores less than 10 PL goals a season (closer to five actually), whose only ever had two decent goal scoring seasons in his career, with two really bad injury hit seasons going into the last season of his contract.

By all accounts we had an agreement with Newcastle & DCLs contract demands were the reason that didn’t happen, alongside the fact he’s refusing a contract here.

Hes also coming off the back of 2 seasons fully of injuries & not in demand by anyone.

If we had a much better striker that might be an option. However, we'll need him this season to at least act as a target man and hold the ball up.

I think he switches off and protects himself and his free move elsewhere next summer.

This is a disaster for the team.

We can’t force teams to buy him, or be willing to pay more than a packet of crisps for him. The complete dearth of interest shows how highly he’s regarded as a player. He clearly has a very high opinion of himself and thought top clubs were going to be fighting each other in the streets to land him, and here we are with 3 hours until the window shuts and he still plays for Everton.

Chelsea’s 4th choice striker was the extent to which the interest went, for a player who I was told was gonna be firing Arsenal or City to the league title, that’s quite embarrassing.

By all accounts we had an agreement with Newcastle & DCLs contract demands were the reason that didn’t happen, alongside the fact he’s refusing a contract here.

Hes also coming off the back of 2 seasons fully of injuries & not in demand by anyone.
Agreed, the rumours were it would have been a swap for Minteh so valuations weren’t really a concern if it’s an agreement if convenience but we just need to take what we can get for him. His value has just plummeted now, as our last chance to get anything for him is January, so if we do sell I’d reckon around 10m if we are lucky.

We can’t force teams to buy him, or be willing to pay more than a packet of crisps for him. The complete dearth of interest shows how highly he’s regarded as a player. He clearly has a very high opinion of himself and thought top clubs were going to be fighting each other in the streets to land him, and here we are with 3 hours until the window shuts and he still plays for Everton.

Chelsea’s 4th choice striker was the extent to which the interest went, for a player who I was told was gonna be firing Arsenal or City to the league title, that’s quite embarrassing.
As said above...

Right now we get f.a. for him.

Not getting him out for £10M was a massive error. We could have handed a club an opportunity to pay the massive wages he demands by dropping the price.

When does the Spanish window shut though?

Still time for a late bid from Carlo?

Agreed, the rumours were it would have been a swap for Minteh so valuations weren’t really a concern if it’s an agreement if convenience but we just need to take what we can get for him. His value has just plummeted now, as our last chance to get anything for him is January, so if we do sell I’d reckon around 10m if we are lucky.

We’ve also no idea who’s actually interested in him, I’ve read about him being on Chelsea & Uniteds shortlist etc but nothing else.

We’ve apparently offered an extremely handsome contract & he’s having none of it. I think it’s time we accepted we’ll be getting nothing for him & he’ll run his contract out next summer.

Nice signing on fee & decent wages at whoever wants him on a free.

You don't support the owner mate, you support the institution - did people support Kenwright by supporting Everton.
Many did support him, mate. Like many supported Mosh when Carlo signed Rodriguez and co. That became the institution that is/was Everton.
I suppose it depends on your definition of 'the institution'?
The badge, the Umbro diamonds etc etc are mine, long since dead TBF. Throw a few players in who were/are good eggs, some memories, good and bad, and that's what I cling on to. My 'institution' is not us being a plaything for a billionaire who has absolutely nothing in common with the club and the surrounding areas where the majority of the supporters come from.

Many did support him, mate. Like many supported Mosh when Carlo signed Rodriguez and co. That became the institution that is/was Everton.
I suppose it depends on your definition of 'the institution'?
The badge, the Umbro diamonds etc etc are mine, long since dead TBF. Throw a few players in who were/are good eggs, some memories, good and bad, and that's what I cling on to. My 'institution' is not us being a plaything for a billionaire who has absolutely nothing in common with the club and the surrounding areas where the majority of the supporters come from.

Mentally that is the institution for me, past, present the future, culture, values - owners and players are incidental as far as I'm concerned if either don't serve the institution then they are fair game. For example i think Moshiri is a pox, but ill be on a massive downer tomorrow if we get beat by Bourmouth, because my support and loyalty always goes to the institution - if that's threatened there is a bite - that is protecting the institution.

Maybe the initial point was a bit ridiculous and binary.

I can very easily separate the owner and players from the institution, they are functionaries as far as i am concerned.

At this stage he has to stay. I rate him highly anyway, We need to give him more support up top - and Doucoure isn't that player. I'd try Ndaiye. Quick feet with an eye for goal. Until Chermiti is fit at least.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back