2024/25 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

If DCL doesn't go this window it's because other teams really don't value him that highly so between now and January or the end of this season he needs to step up a gear to secure a transfer. If he can - and I appreciate much of it comes down to service - then it will be to our benefit as goal input will aid our respects of climbing out of the current mire we are in. If he doesn't then his value is going to decrease as will his chances of securing the transfer he clearly seems to yearn leaving him with limited options and, potentially, having to pen a much reduced contract with ourselves if one is even offered.

If DCL doesn't go this window it's because other teams really don't value him that highly so between now and January or the end of this season he needs to step up a gear to secure a transfer. If he can - and I appreciate much of it comes down to service - then it will be to our benefit as goal input will aid our respects of climbing out of the current mire we are in. If he doesn't then his value is going to decrease as will his chances of securing the transfer he clearly seems to yearn leaving him with limited options and, potentially, having to pen a much reduced contract with ourselves if one is even offered.
He has a get out - if he hasn’t had a better offer, as soon as the takeover is done, if the offer is still there he will sign it and say it could be his last contract, has a family to think about etc, been a tough few years but now everyone is looking forward, no9 at the new stadium etc etc etc.

Everyone will know it’s nonsense, but if he gets double figures then so be it.

I don't find it odd at all, we support the institution, not the player. Personally i find it odd the other way around.

It's an institution the billionaires control. If that wasn't obvious before, it certainly has been cemented in the past few years.

I'm off topic here, I'll just say I relate to the player (the situation, not the ability) far more than the billionaire who controls the club.

It's an institution the billionaires control. If that wasn't obvious before, it certainly has been cemented in the past few years.

I'm off topic here, I'll just say I relate to the player (the situation, not the ability) far more than the billionaire who controls the club.
Right so clap the millionaire holding the billionaires ransom.

DCL will score no more than 6 goals this season and for each of those 6 goals, will not celebrate with the fans because the bond is broken.

Then he'll leave at the end of the season on a free and we'll wonder why on earth we didn't flog him whilst we had a chance.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back