2024/25 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Everton were 12th last season for chances created. Ahead of west ham. Fulham. Forest palace wolves and the eventual bottom 3. All but sheff united scored less.
When your forward doesnt score for 6 months even though you're creating more chances thats what tends to happen. Other teams score more.

Chris wood. 14 goals from open play.
Calvert lewin 5 goals from open play.

Forest below Everton on chances created over the season.

Any chance we could look at our own striker?

The Premier League changed their "chances created" to "big chances created" but routinely, we've been bottom 3 for chances created.

To Dyches credit, he's improved it. A lot has been from set pieces, mind.

Search my posts on here, I said Chris Wood was a good signing for them and wanted us to get him for the same reason. He does that role well.

Anyone who watches Everton will see the problem we've had for years is a lack of pace, or ability across the entire front 3.

It's too easy to just point at the striker, whoever it is when this is a massive part of the problem;

1725030960244.webp

1725030970000.webp

That challenges the myth of us not creating anything though mate and this brings up the fact we have an atrocious set of finishers.

Heard all the excuses about we do rarely get a chance that the player snaps at it etc. all rubbish, we create an average number of 'good' chances for a mid table side.

We just miss those chances way more than a mid table side should do.

But when you have a completely left footed winger cutting infield, a natural left winger stuck wide right, a CF who can't hit a barn door and Doucoure being the one hitting the box late with his rhino hooves for feet what do we expect
Dom is part of the problem. I understand completely why he wants to leave and can sympathize with him. If Dyche had a remotely decent technical finisher up top, we would be better off and look significantly better.

Most of our fan base will say “but Dycheball!” when the truth is we look to play the diagonal first and our defenders can hit that on the dime pretty frequently. The problem is we have slow wingers without competent fullbacks so we can’t really utilize the wings, so we need to improve the center. That starts with Dom and Doucore. A mentally checked out Dom will kill us.

Think we need to accept he's here til Jan at the earliest, and that isn't the end of the world. Players run down contracts all the time, and most of them need to play well to earn the next one if there's not one lined up.

Very hard to come up with any combination of transfers involving DCL doable at this hour that actually would improve the team and for all the financial arguments, not weakening the team is the biggest priority when you've battled relegation for 3 years.

The Premier League changed their "chances created" to "big chances created" but routinely, we've been bottom 3 for chances created.

Search my posts on here, I said Chris Wood was a good signing for them and wanted us to get him for the same reason. He does that role well.

Anyone who watches Everton will see the problem we've had for years is a lack of pace, or ability across the entire front 3.

It's too easy to just point at the striker, whoever it is when this is a massive part of the problem;

View attachment 271289

View attachment 271291

Problem is, how far away is the guy with the ball when's he's doing them runs, if he's doing them expecting us to have James Rodriguez pinging in 40 yarders into his path then he may as well save his energy.

The options thing again highlights what I was saying, if he has no options then why does it matter if he's better winning it in the air or holding it up than Beto, it's a dead rubber stat given our system.

Dom is part of the problem. I understand completely why he wants to leave and can sympathize with him. If Dyche had a remotely decent technical finisher up top, we would be better off and look significantly better.

Most of our fan base will say “but Dycheball!” when the truth is we look to play the diagonal first- and our defenders can hit that on the dime pretty frequently. The problem is we have slow wingers without competent fullbacks so we can’t really utilize the wings, so we need to improve the center. That starts with Dom and Doucore. A mentally checked out Dom will kill us.

His football kills strikers, and centre midfielders. And wingers.

And makes defenders look better than they are.

But it's where we are. If we had pace or ability I'd be the first on Dyche's case.

Most of our fan base will say “but Dycheball!” when the truth is we look to play the diagonal first and our defenders can hit that on the dime pretty frequently. The problem is we have slow wingers without competent fullbacks so we can’t really utilize the wings, so we need to improve the center. That starts with Dom and Doucore. A mentally checked out Dom will kill us.

Doucoure has to go

View attachment 271289

View attachment 271291
They, will not like that.

Not a single bit.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back