Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2024/25 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Aren’t Juve like the biggest club in Italy?

Hmm.

Whether he actually ends up there, I don’t know. But it’s NOT going to be Brentford coming in for him, it will be Europe’s big boys as long as he stays fit, and that’s because they also need second and third choice options in their squad.

DCL is also a male model as well. A proper one with references and everything. So I imagine that he will want to go somewhere where he can maximise his other talent as well, rather than hanging around Newcastle or somewhere like that.

He can sign a pre-contract this January. We should be looking for other players in a similar situation and looking to do a swap. Dumfries at Inter sounds perfect!

Hmm.

Whether he actually ends up there, I don’t know. But it’s NOT going to be Brentford coming in for him, it will be Europe’s big boys as long as he stays fit, and that’s because they also need second and third choice options in their squad.

DCL is also a male model as well. A proper one with references and everything. So I imagine that he will want to go somewhere where he can maximise his other talent as well, rather than hanging around Newcastle or somewhere like that.

He can sign a pre-contract this January. We should be looking for other players in a similar situation and looking to do a swap. Dumfries at Inter sounds perfect!
Imagine DCL playing in Italy week in week out for juventus?

Nah me neither, he’s on a free and a bench / squad filler for them at best.

Playing for a club like Juve he would be expected to hit the back of the net every week without fail, a few poor games and the fans over there will be on his back tenfold to what they were like here. Having said that I think his style of game is possibly more suited towards the Italian league than the PL which has moved away from target men style forwards imo.

Hmm.

If he does sign a pre-contract in January I hope he gets parked on the side lines and we give someone else the start up front. There would be no point continuing with a CF that is off in the summer and having players who can play up front sat on the bench for another 5 months of the season when we could be accessing whether we already have a young player that can step up fill the 7-8 goal a season void that DCL leaving would give us.

I've said it before, don't be surprised if he gets better offers next summer than what he did last summer.

There are many aspects of his game that make him an average forward, but he has a few attributes that are excellent. On a free, he's defo worth a punt for a CL team imo, just not worth shelling out the 20 odd mil we were well within our rights to ask for given his injury record.

I don’t disagree that he’ll be a squad player at these big clubs if they come in for him. I think DCL realises this as well, but he’d rather be on the bench and actually taste a bit of Champions League football and get the odd winners medal with a top club, rather than being number one in a relegation threatened club that never wins anything.

DCL is better than a 35 year old Arnautovich, who has just signed for Inter.

I don’t disagree that he’ll be a squad player at these big clubs if they come in for him. I think DCL realises this as well, but he’d rather be on the bench and actually taste a bit of Champions League football and get the odd winners medal with a top club, rather than being number one in a relegation threatened club that never wins anything.

DCL is better than a 35 year old Arnautovich, who has just signed for Inter.

Hes really not mate.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back