2024/25 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

I am an Evertonian, I have been an Evertonian for 58 years, I have seen some very good centre forwards in my time DLC is not one of them. He flatterers to deceive.
He hasn't deceived me over the past number of seasons - that is when he has actually played on the pitch.

Not the only one by any means but I have really lost interest in so many of these clowns that I don't get upset after rubbish performances like yesterday.

I have been an Evertonian for 55 years so I completely agree with your analysis.

Another season of turgid dross from a group of grossly overpaid underachievers awaits us.

Really. He was making some decent runs out wide, one in the second half where he pulled out wide and got a cross into the six yard box but Doucs was about 10 yards off reading it.

Basically it was a sign for Harrison and McNeill to do it but after a bright start from Harrison he just went back to holding hands with Young once the Brighton wide players went back into the game.

That's the fundamental problem with Dycheball. The wide players are primarily selected for most games to be second FBs in most games. Need to get a better RB in so there isn't such a need to protect Young/Coleman.

Minteh is exactly the type of wide player this club needs to sign sooner or later if it wants to eventually challenge for top 8 again so pretty jealous watching the impact he made for the goal.

Mate , for a player that likes to describe homely as “rapid” … what would be the ideal thing for him to play against? A high line right? Plenty of space in behind to run into? Use your “rapid” speed?

Brighton were playing a very high line and he was after just walking back or jogging back to get onside… zero urgency to get I position for when we won the ball back when pressing…. He’s a Carlton Cole level striker and I have said it for years and been slated for it.. he looked “ok” yesterday because doucs was 10 times worse and therfore drew most of our attention away from how lacklustre dom was … making 3 “good” runs in an hour of football is not good.

Not good business by the club letting it go down to the wire. Need to start making sure that the only players left with one year on their deal are those that aren't important at all, otherwise if it gets to two years and they don't want to be here, get rid.

2 years
Garner
Mykolenko
Tarkowski

It's symptomatic of the rudderless leadership from the top in a way that he is still here because he doesn't want to stay, in a sense they're terrified of having to replace him and when you look at the strikers we have brought in during the last ten years they have every right to be. Bournemouth have sold their striker, Villa sold Grealish and kicked on, Wolves have sold Neto. Other teams trust their recruitment we do not. But we desperately need a full back and a new forward for me if that means selling Dom it has to be done.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.