2024/25 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Mate , for a player that likes to describe homely as “rapid” … what would be the ideal thing for him to play against? A high line right? Plenty of space in behind to run into? Use your “rapid” speed?

Brighton were playing a very high line and he was after just walking back or jogging back to get onside… zero urgency to get I position for when we won the ball back when pressing…. He’s a Carlton Cole level striker and I have said it for years and been slated for it.. he looked “ok” yesterday because doucs was 10 times worse and therfore drew most of our attention away from how lacklustre dom was … making 3 “good” runs in an hour of football is not good.

McNeill was horrific yesterday aswell which didn't help.

When he's on it he's someone who can quickly get the ball out of his feet and whip in a cross to the near post which we know Dom loves.

I just think the team will win more games in next six months with DCL upfront rather than Beto. And let's not think about Broja being any sort of credible alternative.

I'd just get to January and sell him for knock down fee if the team are comfortably in mid table. Then you could give Chermiti half a season run to try to push him on.

This is what Kevin Thelwell stated when we signed him

“Despite being only 22, he has plenty of Premier League experience and the statistics prove we have brought in one of the best young talents in English football.”

The statistics he talks about include 4 goals and 12 assists over three years with around 36 appearances each season.

McNeill was horrific yesterday aswell which didn't help.

When he's on it he's someone who can quickly get the ball out of his feet and whip in a cross to the near post which we know Dom loves.

I just think the team will win more games in next six months with DCL upfront rather than Beto. And let's not think about Broja being any sort of credible alternative.

I'd just get to January and sell him for knock down fee if the team are comfortably in mid table. Then you could give Chermiti half a season run to try to push him on.

I’m worried that we will not be comfortable in mid table in January if I’m being honest

Literally what top players do. Brighton players went down clutching heads even if it were knock on ankle they did it everytime we started to build momentum,
Not the same though is it?

Dcl went down instead if having a strike, knowing a dive will get overturned anyway ( like it did )

Brighton done it exactly as you described, to break up the game etc when var can't intervene

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back