2024/25 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

He had his back to the goal and was about to lay it off to the edge of the box when Dunk sliding in made contact. Pretty much every forward now in the box will go down feeling contact and plenty get penalties so odd to criticise him for that.

he dived plain and simple, when he dives instead of trying to score goals, yes i will criticise him.

Let’s get it right, he hasn’t been treated like an all time great at all, I mean he’s been at the club 8 years and only last season he got a chant made up about him.

He was pushed into the squad before he was arguably ready then, instead of being sent out on loan in 17/18, was basically made to fill a void because Koeman had inexplicably packed Lukaku’s bags and put a bow on him for United without a replacement lined up because he wanted to stockpile number 10s then BFS comes in and shunts him to back up by signing a Turkish waiter to play up front instead

Marco Silva gave patience to him by signing Richarlison to work alongside him, Ancelotti got the best out of him by making him a box poacher, then he gets injured in the summer of 2021, coinciding with FSW coming in to replace Ancelotti, gets played with painkillers to get him through the first 3, gets rushed back from that injury before he’s ready and the goals start drying up and 2 years of injury nightmares begin

Dyche saw this when he came in, and made it a mission to not rush him back until fully ready, got him back to somewhat what he was, but arguably damaged his rep with fans further by not dropping him during his 20+ game drought last season, not helped by his tactics being gung ho long ball instead of keeping things on deck

Let’s get it right, he hasn’t been treated like an all time great at all, I mean he’s been at the club 8 years and only last season he got a chant made up about him.

He was pushed into the squad before he was arguably ready then, instead of being sent out on loan in 17/18, was basically made to fill a void because Koeman had inexplicably packed Lukaku’s bags and put a bow on him for United without a replacement lined up because he wanted to stockpile number 10s then BFS comes in and shunts him to back up by signing a Turkish waiter to play up front instead

Marco Silva gave patience to him by signing Richarlison to work alongside him, Ancelotti got the best out of him by making him a box poacher, then he gets injured in the summer of 2021, coinciding with FSW coming in to replace Ancelotti, gets played with painkillers to get him through the first 3, gets rushed back from that injury before he’s ready and the goals start drying up and 2 years of injury nightmares begin

Dyche saw this when he came in, and made it a mission to not rush him back until fully ready, got him back to somewhat what he was, but arguably damaged his rep with fans further by not dropping him during his 20+ game drought last season, not helped by his tactics being gung ho long ball instead of keeping things on deck
He has had chants before I don’t know why people keep saying that.

I never thought Baby Bami would be his replacement either but Beto did more when he came on than Dom did on the pitch yesterday. He can at least be a handful for the defenders to play against moving them out of the way like bowling pins. But ouu CFs need to play in the box not outwide btw.
He can't trap a ball first time - The Strac was better than Beto. All brawn no class ...he could not convert a pen last season ?

Looked a nailed on pen at the ground, but on rewatching, I can see why it wasnt given, that doesnt mean there wasnt a degree of contact, but it was honestly 50/50 for me.
It was a lunge by that big lump of a CH who swayed the referees mind ..whinged like he'll as soon as it was given , the rule evidently this season is the decision of the referee is given as long as no offside is involved? For a pen ...

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back