2024/25 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

I mean despite how much it costs its still a human opinion, the 1 human who matters said no pen, as I say, im 50/50, there was contact, but I dunno.

I'm saying he's looking for it rather than turning and leathering it as him, and the whole front like, are scared of scoring goals.

Gordon scored 3 goals here then went to Newcastle and nearly hit 20 G/A, I dont think you realise how much anti-Attack football we play.

But anyway, hopefully he moves on very soon.

It would best for everybody.

I don't think it's anti attack. I see it as not having quality in the final 3rd when it's there. Was the same last season .

Look at Brighton's first 2 goals. What do you think happens if you put our players in the same situation?

As for Gordon...I'm talking about it in relation to Dom wanting £160k for players to stick it on a plate for him.

I don't think it's anti attack. I see it as not having quality in the final 3rd when it's there. Was the same last season .

Look at Brighton's first 2 goals. What do you think happens if you put our players in the same situation?

As for Gordon...I'm talking about it in relation to Dom wanting £160k for players to stick it on a plate for him.
I dont think he had anything to work with yesterday, he didnt have a great game, but I thought he held the ball up well in the first half and we didnt make the most of it.

I posted a video last season of Kane scoring 50 goals in Germany, there were a few penos and 1, maybe 2 from outside the area, every other goal was a pass into the box and a goal. In 1 game I think he had more chances than DCL had all last season.

But its boring talking about no supply, nobody cares, minds have been made up.

He doesnt want 160k, he doesnt want anything off Everton, he wants out.

Like Onana DCL will thrive in a team that plays football- the big gamble is his injury record. He ain't worth those wage demands..

Some strikers show something in poor sides that clubs realise they are worth a punt. Calvert lewin shows virtually none of that. Nobody is looking at him going if we base our whole team around giving him service he'll be a goal machine.
Nobody wants him joey for a good reason.

I dont think he had anything to work with yesterday, he didnt have a great game, but I thought he held the ball up well in the first half and we didnt make the most of it.

I posted a video last season of Kane scoring 50 goals in Germany, there were a few penos and 1, maybe 2 from outside the area, every other goal was a pass into the box and a goal. In 1 game I think he had more chances than DCL had all last season.

But its boring talking about no supply, nobody cares, minds have been made up.

He doesnt want 160k, he doesnt want anything off Everton, he wants out.

I'm one of his biggest fans. But when it's coming to the crunch and he's wanting out (rumours are he's wanting upwards of £100k as I'm sure he's just about that here), you get critical and we have to be ruthless IMO.

He's awful one on one and his finishing is worse than Nunez (£80mill for that too). If he hates being used just as a workhorse or even thinks the squad is baba hindering his game, then Im not too fussed he walks.

Let's not forget Dyche got him back to fitness and managed it well after he spent almost 2 years playing very little.

It's like Onana too. Didn't put the effort or adapt but wants to be the big bollocks. Well off you pop

Last edited:
Some strikers show something in poor sides that clubs realise they are worth a punt. Calvert lewin shows virtually none of that. Nobody is looking at him going if we base our whole team around giving him service he'll be a goal machine.
Nobody wants him joey for a good reason.
ATM the best no 9 we have by a mile - any no nine will find it hard with HOOF ball

ATM the best no 9 we have by a mile - any no nine will find it hard with HOOF ball

I wouldnt say by a mile. Im half going back to giving beto a go and letting him just knock a few defenders about and cause some havoc.
Options are possibly the worst in the league.

So you don't think he was looking for it?
The on field referee was going to give the pen instantly - then Dunk with a late lunge whined for him to go to VAR - In the West Ham game a far more dubious pen was given SKY quoted the new rule - as the new rule this year is that only if offside is involved VAR cannot overrule the on field decision - why alter VAR & then our referee does the opposite ? - no offside or other than that incident happened - that is the new rule broken already the WEST HAM pen was not a pen .... but the referee gave it instantly so it was taken ?

So you don't think he was looking for it?
No. Didn't need to. A couple of still frames.
DCL controls the ball with his back partly to goal. Brighton defender is already lunging studs-high, top-of-thigh level, nowhere near the ball.
Pen v Brighton 01.jpg

Ball still nowhere near the Brighton defender. Studs high, back of thigh. Dangerous play. Penalty all day long...
Pen v Brighton 02.jpg

We get the penalty and score, changes the flow of the rest of the game 100%.

Attachments

• Pen v Brighton 01.webp
    Pen v Brighton 01.webp
    18.3 KB · Views: 1
No. Didn't need to. A couple of still frames.
DCL controls the ball with his back partly to goal. Brighton defender is already lunging studs-high, top-of-thigh level, nowhere near the ball.
View attachment 269484

Ball still nowhere near the Brighton defender. Studs high, back of thigh. Dangerous play. Penalty all day long...
View attachment 269486

We get the penalty and score, changes the flow of the rest of the game 100%.

Still frames are the reason VAR is a mess and they've changed it this season to actual speed time. Imo correctly.
It wasnt a pen. In real time speed calvert lewin directed his leg towards dunk to dive for the pen. Something Everton fans used to despise gerrard doing for years.
Would have liked it and even accepted it. We need all the help we can get.
But it wasnt a pen.

Still frames are the reason VAR is a mess and they've changed it this season to actual speed time. Imo correctly.
It wasnt a pen. In real time speed calvert lewin directed his leg towards dunk to dive for the pen. Something Everton fans used to despise gerrard doing for years.
Would have liked it and even accepted it. We need all the help we can get.
But it wasnt a pen.
VAR went against the new rules - quote on TV Sky if the on field referee gives a pen as long as no other offence has taken place like handball by DCL _ example or offside then the referee's decision stands - a new rule that Dunk & the referee ignored or had not been aware of it ! Dunk was late, took DCLs standing leg = pen IMO -

We don't get many pens .... West Hams pen player running in a blind alley kicked the defender's leg a classic way to get a pen the referee pen given straight away - it was not a pen & SKY read the rule out of above - no other offence it's the new rule the on field decision VAR only checked he was onside etc .... or no handball in the build up that the referee had missed etc -
If they make new rules, VAR should stick to them IMO, & every official should be up-to-date with it ...

Plus in two weeks the new computerised line is coming for offside - why did they not have it ready from day one of the season ?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back