2024/25 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

McNeill was horrific yesterday aswell which didn't help.

When he's on it he's someone who can quickly get the ball out of his feet and whip in a cross to the near post which we know Dom loves.

I just think the team will win more games in next six months with DCL upfront rather than Beto. And let's not think about Broja being any sort of credible alternative.

I'd just get to January and sell him for knock down fee if the team are comfortably in mid table. Then you could give Chermiti half a season run to try to push him on.
DCL doesn’t know where the front post is.....to say he loves it is simply laughable.

ATM the best no 9 we have by a mile - any no nine will find it hard with HOOF ball
Wrong Joseph.
Put either of the two following journeymen in this team and they’d easily hit 12-15 a season.
Two players taylormade for Dycheball.....Chris Wood and Wout Weghorst.
Not what we really want, but what suits the tactics currently employed.

I dont think he had anything to work with yesterday, he didnt have a great game, but I thought he held the ball up well in the first half and we didnt make the most of it.

I posted a video last season of Kane scoring 50 goals in Germany, there were a few penos and 1, maybe 2 from outside the area, every other goal was a pass into the box and a goal. In 1 game I think he had more chances than DCL had all last season.

But its boring talking about no supply, nobody cares, minds have been made up.

He doesnt want 160k, he doesnt want anything off Everton, he wants out.

You earn the right to play up front for Bayern by consistently scoring the chances you get at your lesser club and by creating your own goals.

Dom has done neither which is why he’ll never play at that level.

You earn the right to play up front for Bayern by consistently scoring the chances you get at your lesser club and by creating your own goals.

Dom has done neither which is why he’ll never play at that level.
Is that why Harry Kane was on the bench this weekend ?

DCL cost us around 1/2 a Million - he's the best we got atm ... but any forward under Dyche is going to suffer with HOOF ball ....

Still frames are the reason VAR is a mess and they've changed it this season to actual speed time. Imo correctly.
It wasnt a pen. In real time speed calvert lewin directed his leg towards dunk to dive for the pen. Something Everton fans used to despise gerrard doing for years.
Would have liked it and even accepted it. We need all the help we can get.
But it wasnt a pen.
It wasn’t a pen imo, but it wasn’t a clear and obvious error. Should not have been overturned for that reason. There was clear contact and it brought Dom down. Other teams would have gotten that decision and that is where the problem lies.

I dont think he had anything to work with yesterday, he didnt have a great game, but I thought he held the ball up well in the first half and we didnt make the most of it.

I posted a video last season of Kane scoring 50 goals in Germany, there were a few penos and 1, maybe 2 from outside the area, every other goal was a pass into the box and a goal. In 1 game I think he had more chances than DCL had all last season.

But its boring talking about no supply, nobody cares, minds have been made up.

He doesnt want 160k, he doesnt want anything off Everton, he wants out.
Can you blame the lad for wanting to move on to better things?

He gets little service from our players and little support from our supporters.

goals.webp

It wasn’t a pen imo, but it wasn’t a clear and obvious error. Should not have been overturned for that reason. There was clear contact and it brought Dom down. Other teams would have gotten that decision and that is where the problem lies.

i agree with that. Ive changed my opinion on the contact. Dom puts his foot on the trailing leg of dunk and it takes his foot away. Wasnt deliberate from dunk as you cant make your leg disappear. Then that becomes interpretation of the on field ref. I think most refs would have gave that in normal game time.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back