2024/25 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

I’d withdraw our offer to him and place him under some pressure. Hell either have to drop his sage demands at a new club to get longer term security which gives us more transfer fee potentially, or he won’t get anywhere and will see out of his contract so we at least have him for the season (for what that’s worth).

I wouldn’t be messing around with contracts with him, injured or not, his fault or not, between that and his onfield performance his market value can’t be great.

Joseph....hatred is a poor choice of word.
I've never hated an Everton player, ever, in over 50 years.
I don't rate him....likewise I don't rate others in the team, but this is the DCL thread, hence I'm talikng about not rating DCL.
It's a really simple concept to grasp mate.
If you pick on one player continually it hatred IMO with a team that under performed & produced one corner - as I stated two players performed the rest were abysmal not just DCL - that's my point - we deserved what we got a hammering could have been 4-6 against us & our keeper never had a bad game - defensively a shambles - two slow poor fullbacks one sent off - Keane was OK in the air but slow on the ground his biggest achilles heel of a player on top wages by the way with Doucs who was static again on top money -

Tim from Villa was our one-man midfield -

Then the two slowest wingers in the prem - we hoofed the ball to Harrison, who can't beat a man ?

DCL was knackered & subbed may have won us a penalty - oh & by the way when the referee went to look at the monitor it was not working blank screen he asked what should he do - VAR just stated disallow it any rate - allegedly ....

Even if DCL had slotted the pen away something Beto cannot do - I think we would have got beat, but maybe a closer margin .....

I dread Spurs away next - but my late father always told me have a moan, but think of our next game I have watched the blues since 1962 - Joe Royle replaced the GV - he got stick from older fans I just told them to shut up standing at 6ft 2 -

He proved me correct, look at my avatar .....

If he's gone to them now saying "sell me" we will have to lower the price.

This might be true to an extent, but if he wants to put in a formal request, then it normally comes at a cost to the player, and the waiving of certain monies owed. to the player.

That aside, I don't really see how it changes anything in relation to our negotiating stance.

Let him go. Beto has just lit up the EFL trophy with 2 goals and an assist (admittedly after putting in 80-odd minutes of the most inept finishing you are every likely to see).

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back