2024/25 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Sad it’s going to end on a sour note.

He’s had his moments where he’s looked decent, but unless he gets a move as a back up striker at one of the CL / better run clubs, he will probably end up looking back on his career as a footballer without any real success.

Barkley at least won a cup final with Chelsea. He’s got to hope he can be a bench warmer in a similar position.

Sad it’s going to end on a sour note.

He’s had his moments where he’s looked decent, but unless he gets a move as a back up striker at one of the CL / better run clubs, he will probably end up looking back on his career as a footballer without any real success.

Barkley at least won a cup final with Chelsea. He’s got to hope he can be a bench warmer in a similar position.

Vast majority of players then.

All DCLs fault I hope we sell him & you can turn on another player....
Complete nonsense this. Too many make out people want him gone because they’ve turned on him. Huge majority of fans haven’t turned on him at all. We all know what dire situation we’re in as a club and know full well we can’t be letting potential 30 million pound players leave on a free when we can’t afford to replace him if it happens. So him leaving for pastures new to try progress and us using the money to try being in a replacement so that we can progress is the best solution

I know it can’t be easy for players to be introspective when you’re surrounded by people blowing smoke up your arse all the time but does he really think the thing standing in the way of him getting a massive contract at an elite club is us? And not perhaps the fact he’s done nothing on a football field in the past three years to merit it?

The fact he’s left on the shelf with little to no interest at this stage of the window could maybe be an ego check but perhaps not.
Beggars belief that he turned down Newcastle. He might get lucky if we swap him for Nketiah but outside of that (which I've just made up) no other big team wants him or have even blinked twice at him whilst shopping elsewhere

I mean it's been reported in several places now that we're seemingly pricing him out of moves.

If he's gone to them now saying "sell me" we will have to lower the price.
I’m pretty sure the price we’d accept has always been lower than the number reported in June. I’m sure serious interested parties would have been able to negotiate a deal if there really were any. The barrier is a lack of interest.

Joseph....hatred is a poor choice of word.
I've never hated an Everton player, ever, in over 50 years.
I don't rate him....likewise I don't rate others in the team, but this is the DCL thread, hence I'm talikng about not rating DCL.
It's a really simple concept to grasp mate.
You are turn on mosity hatred on one player when
on Saturday were crap - bar 2 players Pickford & Tim as for getting on the end of crosses we amassed one corner!
I think it's time for DCL to move on as he is being greedy ok

Complete nonsense this. Too many make out people want him gone because they’ve turned on him. Huge majority of fans haven’t turned on him at all. We all know what dire situation we’re in as a club and know full well we can’t be letting potential 30 million pound players leave on a free when we can’t afford to replace him if it happens. So him leaving for pastures new to try progress and us using the money to try being in a replacement so that we can progress is the best solution
I heard no noise when he scored a cracking header v the redcrapl to make it 2-0 - plus that's twice he has saved us from relegation!

I don’t think anyone hates him, just indifferent to him.

I was surprised to see Jarrod Bowen has got more goals than him and he hasn’t been playing a Premier League football for as long.
Their just lashing out because the player they’ve defended to the hill has took a big chanel handbag sized [Poor language removed] on them

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back