2024/25 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

We hold a huge card. If he downs tools, he doesn't get paid. His performance and availability over the past 3 years dictates he needs to have a strong season.

It's why he wants out now. There's a lot of risk for him over the next 10 months.
Yeah...but...He will still get paid,so we're still kinda of snookered.

We had our chance last summer to replace him with a worthy replacement and we didn't do it,and now this whole situation is magnified by a thousand.

Based on absolutely nothing I think we'll get between 14-18 mil for him and the best we can hope for is a big down payment.

Then HIS fans boo him when he's getting subbed.

I was a bit bemused by the abuse he got at the weekend. He did get caught offside a bit and looked a bit laboured getting back onside in the second half, but everyone looked out of sorts. You can only chase down the defenders at full pelt for so long. I thought he was still our best outlet and chance of a goal. People pushing him out aren't going to be pleased what we have up front soon...

Ignoring the club makes little sense though. Even if he wants to leave the club need to negotiate a sale.

And yes every player has an agent but they can still make their own decisions to some degree. Agents give only advice at the end of the day - you can take it or leave it.
Him and his agency ignoring the club all summer which kinda got my goat.

I don't made him wanting to go but at least have the decency to go about it the right way.

You could argue the least risky move is to sign the long term extension and get financial security.

I think he just wants to go. Which is why we need to sell ASAP. Only 11 days to go.
At the moment I could put forward a better argument for him signing it than I could for us offering it. Committing 25-30m in wages to a player with his fitness and performance record was always risky even if he was keen, if he had a reluctant change of heart now I wouldn’t let him have it. Of the three possible outcomes I think him signing a deal is now the worst one.

At the moment I could put forward a better argument for him signing it than I could for us offering it. Committing 25-30m in wages to a player with his fitness and performance record was always risky even if he was keen, if he had a reluctant change of heart now I wouldn’t let him have it. Of the three possible outcomes I think him signing a deal is now the worst one.
The contract offer should have been withdrawn by the club before the start of the season. The only option when if went unsigned should have been to sell.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back