2024/25 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Wonder is a Saudi team will come in for him. They’ve bid for Toney and Dom’s main motivation seems to be a big pay day for this contract. Not sure how tolerant they’d be of his fashion choices.
Imagine if we got £40M for that plank.

We never have nice stuff like that happen.

Just due to the situation it is best for all parties if he leaves. We don’t really play to his strengths, he wants out and is in the last year of his contract and I’d find it hard to believe he has any motivation left in the tank. Why risk an injury for us? He will get his money regardless as he is banking on his role as a niche striker that is dominant in the air.

We on the other hand will be back at square one without any real solution to the problem. We could have used those minutes for Chermo when he gets back. Maybe Beto actually adjusts to the league and starts to have an impact. Maybe we sign someone with the money from Dom’s sale that can also have an impact.

Dom just hasn’t been and probably won’t be productive enough to counteract losing out on that sale to Newcastle. Blame whatever reason, but it hurts us massively. It is lost money and lost production that could have come into the team.

I have never seen so much hatred for a player who has to play football under the DYCHE HOOF ball system ....

He wants away, I don't blame him one bit TBH -
Behave Joseph...why is it hate? That’s a big word these days, you should know better. I simply don’t rate him anywhere above a bang average footballer. It’s a very simple concept.

In all fairness to the lad, I’d likely be wanting to leave as well if I were him. Imagine being a striker who thrives off crosses in a team with wingers and full backs who can’t cross a ball between them. Not even one decent cross per game!

Under Carlo, DCL scored goals as he was played properly in a team with a bit of creativity. Under Dyche he’s used as a target man, having to chase his own flick ons half of the time. It’s probably best for everyone involved if he moves on, which is a shame cos I think there’s a player there.

Behave Joseph...why is it hate? That’s a big word these days, you should know better. I simply don’t rate him anywhere above a bang average footballer. It’s a very simple concept.
You rant on as we are a great attaching team when our midfield & wingers & fullbacks are crap !
But it's all DCLs fault in your opinion ?

Everton fans legging the only thing we have resembling anything like a decent centre forward and thinking that cart horse Beto is going to offer anything at all other than guaranteed relegation is no surprise. Complete buffoons who deserve relegation

Wrong again. I’m simply saying I don’t rate him...in the DCL thread. I assumed the thread entitled with his name was for the expression of opinion on him and his ability?
Your hatred for one player sums you up - it's a team game - if your team is well below par it's only right to iclude them ,,,I think DCL will go elsewhere- I agree he is not worth the wages he is demanding

Let's see how another new or existing striker can perform with HOOF BALL?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.