2024/25 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

hes playing with fire, if he gets another long term injury, which is more than possible, our contract offer will (hopefully) be withdrawn and he will have very limited offers elsewhere. If I was him Id sign for my own benefit but also to repay (or not screw over) the club that has paid my wages whilst being sat in the treatment room for a large chunk of the past few years

I mean he's not is he. He'll leave us and sign a bumper free agent deal, like many players have before him in the PL.

hes playing with fire, if he gets another long term injury, which is more than possible, our contract offer will (hopefully) be withdrawn and he will have very limited offers elsewhere. If I was him Id sign for my own benefit but also to repay (or not screw over) the club that has paid my wages whilst being sat in the treatment room for a large chunk of the past few years
He's been her 8 years, played 218 games, is our 3rd highest Premier League scorer, probably during that time he has seen a lot of players come in and out the door on far higher salaries than he has been on (its how it is in football)

During those 8 years he's seen every decent team mate, bar Pickford move on for a better salary and in the case of Gordon, Onana, Iwobi, Digne, Gueye, Lookman, Lukaku, Barkley, Deulofeau have improved careers.

He's been coached by some top coaches (Ancelotti), some good coaches (Silva) and some not so good coaches.

There is nothing wrong with him looking at other options........he will back himself surrounded by better service and a better manager to get back to those levels under Ancelotti, and even if that's not his thought process and he's all about the money, he could get himself a tidy signing on fee.

He must look at Beto in training every day and wonder....why am i still here!

I dont really rate him, so Im not bothered by him leaving and would indeed prefer it. I dont get not rating him and then being upset he hasnt signed a new contract. The only way you get another striker in is by DCL leaving, and Im all for that.

I just would have prefered a fee for him years back when it was really good. Once Chermiti went down I basically figured he couldnt go anywhere.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back