Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
...I mentioned a month or so ago that he might just get a chance in December. You're right, he comes across as a really bright young man and a credit to his parents. From a football perspective, he's a traditional type of CF very much in the Graeme Sharp mould. I expect it was strange to find himself in defensive positions last night but there were a few hints of his aerial ability.

Chuffed for the lad.

won the corner that led to the goal by making a nuisance of himself didn't he mate. Delighted he came on in such an important part of the game, will do him the world of good that.

won the corner that led to the goal by making a nuisance of himself didn't he mate. Delighted he came on in such an important part of the game, will do him the world of good that.

..I think it's a really good point you make about him coming on at a crucial part of the game. He is a traditional CF so to bring him on at that point rather than somebody to do a holding job showed a lot of confidence in the boy.

..I think it's a really good point you make about him coming on at a crucial part of the game. He is a traditional CF so to bring him on at that point rather than somebody to do a holding job showed a lot of confidence in the boy.
Not sure how many headers he contested but squawka the stats website tweeted he won 100% of his aerial duels

Not sure how many headers he contested but squawka the stats website tweeted he won 100% of his aerial duels

...he's very decent in the air and those stats are encouraging. He cleared one corner when we were under the cosh and his first touch was a flick on header.

Big Dunc must be in charge of the striker portion of the training sessions these days.

Just imagine the mood of the U21 squad when he meets up with them. They'll be champing at the bit when they next play, wanting to emulate his experience last night.

Made up for him but lets not hype him up or put the world at his feet, it doesnt help young players at all, exciting none the less

Thought he was very composed and wanted the ball when he came on. He has definitely got something about him. Has shown with the variety of goals that he has scored for the U23s that he has something. Scored a great technical goal against City a few weeks ago on the volley. Think we may see a bit more of him over Christmas and it does show the other lads in the U23s that the door to the first team is still open.

Looked a little nervous to me but was a decent physical presence, and clearly is good in the air.

I'm sure it'll be a big confidence boost for him to be part of such a big night. Up to him now to keep cracking on in the 23's and get himself into the first team squad more often. Seems like he has the right attitude for it.

Didn't do anything that stood out for me.

I think people might be getting a bit carried away from a brief cameo which nearly gave Arsenal an equaliser.

Didn't do anything that stood out for me.

I think people might be getting a bit carried away from a brief cameo which nearly gave Arsenal an equaliser.

But he is a central striker who was asked to play wide and help out defensively. He Done ok, but just to be part of that atmosphere in a winning performance against a great team will make the kid hungrier than ever to be part of it. Personally I thought it was good substitution by Koeman.

But he is a central striker who was asked to play wide and help out defensively. He Done ok, but just to be part of that atmosphere in a winning performance against a great team will make the kid hungrier than ever to be part of it. Personally I thought it was good substitution by Koeman.

I'm made up for the lad and it will be a night he won't forget. But some of the comments here are a bit unfounded.

Reactions: JLW
I'm made up for the lad and it will be a night he won't forget. But some of the comments here are a bit unfounded.

Dont think people are really talking him up - just saying that he won some headers and showed for the ball. For me the best thing he did was the little one-two that opened a opportunity up for Gana to have a shot, just a simple lay off but was done first time while holding his man off. Yes he also shanked his clearance that put us under pressure but thought he did well and wasn't overawed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back