Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Valencia deserves a go up front, he has ran his nuts off the last few games and yes he is limited and not in the same league in terms of talent as Lukaku but at what point do you say enough is enough with Rom? Even against Watford when he got the two goals he looked disinterested. Just think that if you play DCL up top in his preferred position you need runners round him and that sadly is not part of Roms game at the minute. By the way I am a massive Lukaku fan and think its ridiculous that people would want to sell him but Koeman needs to make an example of Lukaku in the same way he has with Barkley that you don't play if you don't perform.

Anyway back on topic - been quietly impressed with what I have seen of the youngster so far both for the first team and u23s and think we will see more of him, probably still from the bench as the season goes on.

Snag is...Valencia cant score.

Lukaku is 5th in the charts for goals...needs more support...either from.wingers crossing (deulofeu) or a target man (DCL) or passes from midfield (Barkley)...

What do you think Mirallas would have done? My guess would be either get sent off for being an absolute idiot or, as he has for most of the season, been completely casper again

Against the RS he leaves a foot in, its the ONLY game id have him in as a starter especially if the other options are lennon and valencia...

He also may have scored his annual goal(s) and actually got us up the pitch...

Playing a skinny forward in that position...ahhh im tired complaining.

Snag is...Valencia cant score.

Lukaku is 5th in the charts for goals...needs more support...either from.wingers crossing (deulofeu) or a target man (DCL) or passes from midfield (Barkley)...

We wont know if he can score unless he is given the chance to play through the middle. Think Valencia had a 1-3.5 record for West Ham - not great but if he can help bring other players into goalscoring positions while chipping in himself a la Marcus Bent then we may find that the sum of the parts are greater than the individual talent. Or it just gives Rom the necessary kick up the arse. Not much to lose at the minute when we are already losing games and have a forward who looks like he would rather be playing Fifa at home.

We wont know if he can score unless he is given the chance to play through the middle. Think Valencia had a 1-3.5 record for West Ham - not great but if he can help bring other players into goalscoring positions while chipping in himself a la Marcus Bent then we may find that the sum of the parts are greater than the individual talent. Or it just gives Rom the necessary kick up the arse. Not much to lose at the minute when we are already losing games and have a forward who looks like he would rather be playing Fifa at home.

Played 54 scored 8 at west ham.

Played 54 scored 8 at west ham.

Think I was going off his first season - dont think he scored at all second season and most appearances were as a sub - still not great I take your point. Think more than anything it hightlights the desperate need we have for another decent striker. Just as a comparison though - Marcus Bent 55 appearances 7 goals. Qualified for the champions league.

Think I was going off his first season - dont think he scored at all second season and most appearances were as a sub - still not great I take your point. Think more than anything it hightlights the desperate need we have for another decent striker. Just as a comparison though - Marcus Bent 55 appearances 7 goals. Qualified for the champions league.

ww qualified mostly as we had a solid hard working team though and won a lot of 1-0s...all koeman has done is setup the same as martinez but got more players back leaving the attackers isolated then gone long ball.

Spot on with everything @Mikey_Fitzgerald

Love how people are dismissing this kid having only seen him play for half an hour if that. What evidence have del and mirallas given us this season that they'd have done a better job

Its the Rooney syndrome. Many people expect a promoted youngster to be the next Wayne Rooney. It ain't going to happen so unfair criticism is laid down on all youngsters. Patience is not something we allow youngsters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back