Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
He wasnt on the wing....at least when i saw him he was in line with the defenders or Gueye...
You're a proper head the ball zat. The lad was playing on the wing. Granted it isn't his best position but Koeman obviously wanted some physicality up there and Mirallas has been utter dog turd this season so DCL was the one he went for

Wing to me is hugging the touchline above or around the halfway line ahead of the RB.

On the TV he looked like a RM out wide but covering for coleman...

I was actually watching him for 2mins just standing in the RB position and doing nothing wondering if id got him mixed up with someone else...then it panned to him.
Haha he is too big to mistake for a RB zat

You're a proper head the ball zat. The lad was playing on the wing. Granted it isn't his best position but Koeman obviously wanted some physicality up there and Mirallas has been utter dog turd this season so DCL was the one he went for

We were defending ALOT when he came on...he may have been on the wing when we were going forward (limited time) but he was WAY back most of the time in the same line as coleman..

if i could be bothered id go find the time i saw him just standing in the RB position looking around lost

Personally dont think he should play Valencia...he looks atrocious to me.

Id stick DCL up front with lukaku though and see how it goes...

We wont know much about DCL until he plays up front....totally unfair to play him out of position like that.

Valencia deserves a go up front, he has ran his nuts off the last few games and yes he is limited and not in the same league in terms of talent as Lukaku but at what point do you say enough is enough with Rom? Even against Watford when he got the two goals he looked disinterested. Just think that if you play DCL up top in his preferred position you need runners round him and that sadly is not part of Roms game at the minute. By the way I am a massive Lukaku fan and think its ridiculous that people would want to sell him but Koeman needs to make an example of Lukaku in the same way he has with Barkley that you don't play if you don't perform.

Anyway back on topic - been quietly impressed with what I have seen of the youngster so far both for the first team and u23s and think we will see more of him, probably still from the bench as the season goes on.

We were defending ALOT when he came on...he may have been on the wing when we were going forward (limited time) but he was WAY back most of the time in the same line as coleman..

if i could be bothered id go find the time i saw him just standing in the RB position looking around lost
What do you think Mirallas would have done? My guess would be either get sent off for being an absolute idiot or, as he has for most of the season, been completely casper again

I doubt on that lad for his physicality. He looks like he weighs 8 stone wet through.
But regardless, I can't see how that substitution could have helped us. He looked absolutely lost.
Agree on KM, he's a bit of a bell but he does like to get on the ball. It would have been nice to get KM on to try and bridge the gap between the ever deepening midfield and Lukaku.
I don't blame the kid for looking totally out of his depth. It's the merseyside derby for christ sake.
I'm being a bit dave here I know BUT I think it was a bit of an eff off from Koeman to the fans and media.
"You wanted me to play the kids, I said they weren't ready. And now i've proven it."
I just cannot see how that was ever going to end well bringing him on.

I'm being a bit dave here I know BUT I think it was a bit of an eff off from Koeman to the fans and media.
"You wanted me to play the kids, I said they weren't ready. And now i've proven it."

I don't think Koeman would do that tbh

He would know losing to Liverpool would only put more pressure on himself

He would have made that change because he thought it would work

He was wrong, it happens

I doubt on that lad for his physicality. He looks like he weighs 8 stone wet through.
But regardless, I can't see how that substitution could have helped us. He looked absolutely lost.
Agree on KM, he's a bit of a bell but he does like to get on the ball. It would have been nice to get KM on to try and bridge the gap between the ever deepening midfield and Lukaku.
I don't blame the kid for looking totally out of his depth. It's the merseyside derby for christ sake.
He can win high balls, which he done against Arsenal and 9/10 should against Milner, Mirallas wouldn't and he's an absolute fanny so he can do one

He can win high balls, which he done against Arsenal and 9/10 should against Milner, Mirallas wouldn't and he's an absolute fanny so he can do one
Do you mean that one corner that he got his head on vs Arsenal? Hardly a repertoire?
I agree we shouldnt have to be turning to our bench and have our toes curling BUT at that moment, in that game, the kid should have merely been a spectator and soaked up the atmosphere.
Bring Kev on and count down, roll the dice and hope he actually turns up. Then count-down the days to January.

Do you mean that one corner that he got his head on vs Arsenal? Hardly a repertoire?
I agree we shouldnt have to be turning to our bench and have our toes curling BUT at that moment, in that game, the kid should have merely been a spectator and soaked up the atmosphere.
Bring Kev on and count down, roll the dice and hope he actually turns up. Then count-down the days to January.
He won a few on the wing against monreal IIRC I wouldn't even bother with Mirallas anymore he's been dire for 3 seasons now, ship him out asap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back