Status
Not open for further replies.
If he had put on;

Holgate -- 3rd CB
Kenny - RB / RM
Davies (not on bench) - DM/CM
Calvert-Lewin - ST

Fair enough, brave moves...

Instead he puts Barry on to wave the white flag and then Sticks a skinny young forward in a secondary right back role...

How to give a young player confidence...

Im seething and im bewildered @Mikey_Fitzgerald and @Thomasc seem to think that its fine to play young kids out of position in a derby...especially such a mismatch as that was on the right.

Its hanging them out to dry at best and giving them next to no chance in that environment...

Have to agree.
There is a difference between bravery and stupidity and this substitution to me was absolutely the latter.

If he'd had the option and another sub to use (eg. Mirallas, Del for Valencia), I'd have took Lukaku off for DCL and thrown him up top for last 25 mins. At least we'd have had someone who moves, presses and can head a ball there

Have to agree.
There is a difference between bravery and stupidity and this substitution to me was absolutely the latter.

@Mikey_Fitzgerald can you give some examples of young strikers coming into a derby game in their 2nd substitute appearance when their team is being dominated against and sent to play in a defensive right sided role please...

Then show how its improved them as players?

Im confident both myself and @mkrudden would bow down to your knowledge if you can show this...

@Mikey_Fitzgerald can you give some examples of young strikers coming into a derby game in their 2nd substitute appearance when their team is being dominated against and sent to play in a defensive right sided role please...

Then show how its improved them as players?

Im confident both myself and @mkrudden would bow down to your knowledge if you can show this...
haha Zat, bloody hell. Whilst I agree with you here, both you and @Mikey_Fitzgerald are good posters. Let's debate this sensibly.
Plus i'm not bowing to anyone who rates Leigh Griffiths ;)

haha Zat, bloody hell. Whilst I agree with you here, both you and @Mikey_Fitzgerald are good posters. Let's debate this sensibly.
Plus i'm not bowing to anyone who rates Leigh Griffiths ;)

Take a look at his post to me....attempting to belittle my support of the youngsters in the face of my hatred of koeman.

The boy hasnt thought this through...

Playing an attacking player on the wing is hardly a crazy or unseen thing to do be doing. It's been happening for decades

At the end of the day, we get the club we deserve

Either commit to something or don't, but don't pick and choose when it suits

I don't care if it's slightly out of position, I'm not going to roast a manager for giving a kid a chance

Our squad is depleted and he had little other options due to injuries elsewhere

Yes, he could have played Kev, and I would have been fine with it if he had, but I'm not going to slate him for not doing so

I'm happy he gave DCL a chance, it was a brave move and fair play to him

You can have a go at Koeman for certain things, such as him constantly leaving Davies out for instance, but this is not one of them and only someone who didn't have it out for him could see that

Last edited:
Oh, and btw Zat, clearly some nerves have been touched if you want to result to name calling

If you don't like me calling you out on your blatant hypocrisy, feel free to stick me on ignore, because you've shown today that getting in to Koeman is far more important than actually backing the kids, and quite honestly that's thoroughly disappointing

Mrk, we've got no beef pal, good luck to ya!

@Zatara

Your whole point falls flat on its face due to the fact that you haven't got a clue what DCL is capable of as you have never really seen him play, unlike the manager who sees him daily and i'm pretty sure has an idea of his capabilities.

You think he chucked him on there for a laugh? You think he is making it up as he goes along?

He maybe thought the lad could offer a bit of something and take a bit of the pressure off us and perhaps try and worry them and put them on the back foot for a while.

It didn't work, you live and learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back