Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
BI0RkIeBEE2

His bird is ridiculous. Jammy get

I know nothing of her, but I'm guessing she'll be a vacuous gold digger with feigned interest in sport. Just a guess.
She might be lovely.

It was the right decision to bring him on, even if it didn't lead to anything

We should be encouraging Koeman to give the kids a chance, not slating him when he does

Its one thing to;

A-- Play Kenny/Holgate on the right side to cover coleman and another to put a centre forward there

B-- Put Davies on the bench instead of blinking tom cleverly or Barry in a frantic derhy.

Totally daft decision and im the main advocate for playing the kids.

Totally daft decision and im the main advocate for playing the kids.

It really wasn't a daft decision

It was a brave one, which flies in the face of the "coward" tag you gave him

In a Derby, he turned to a kid to come on and try and get something

I'll applaud him for that

Yes, he should be playing Davies, but this is one decision I'm not going to kick him over

If DCL had scored, it would have been a master stroke

He took a gamble on a kid, and if you really want to see the kids given a chance then you cannot slate the manager when he does so, just because it's not one of the kids you approve of

I mean, you can and have, but it's cutting off your nose to spite your face just because you don't like Koeman

The advancement of the youth players simply have to come above petty point scoring. If you disagree then you spit in the face of what you purport to believe. Simple as

It really wasn't a daft decision

It was a brave one, which flies in the face of the "coward" tag you gave him

In a Derby, he turned to a kid to come on and try and get something

I'll applaud him for that

Yes, he should be playing Davies, but this is one decision I'm not going to kick him over

If DCL had scored, it would have been a master stroke

He took a gamble on a kid, and if you really want to see the kids given a chance then you cannot slate the manager when he does so, just because it's not one of the kids you approve of

I mean, you can and have, but it's cutting off your nose to spite your face just because you don't like Koeman

The advancement of the youth players simply have to come above petty point scoring. If you disagree then you spit in the face of what you purport to believe. Simple as

Lets say this CL striker is as good as duncan ferguson at his peak...

would you play duncan in a right midfield role covering coleman?

neither would i...

upfront yes a brave move...but not where he put him...there was 2minutes he was ambling around in the RB position wondering wtf he wss supposed to be doing.

Lets say this CL striker is as good as duncan ferguson at his peak...

would you play duncan in a right midfield role covering coleman?

neither would i...

upfront yes a brave move...but not where he put him...there was 2minutes he was ambling around in the RB position wondering wtf he wss supposed to be doing.

Sorry Zat, but I simply cannot countenance this type of argument

He was there to get himself into attacking positions and try and make something happen, the wing was just where he was stationed, and how do we know he can't play there? Maybe he's been practising it for all we know?

One big reason why managers don't play young players is because of how risk averse footballing culture is in the modern game

How does roasting Koeman for playing DCL help someone like Davies?

How does it do anything but give credence to Koeman's fears?

"Bloody Hell, I can't risk playing Davies, what if he doesn't play well? I'll get slaughtered, look what happened with DCL!"

The saddest thing is Zat that I think Koeman could start Davies on Boxing Day and you'd still find a way to find a problem with it

I know you hate Koeman, but you just can't keep slamming him for playing kids whilst also complaining that he isn't playing kids

That sort of behaviour is why the kids don't get a chance, because the people who clamour for them then complain when they get a chance and don't have an amazing MOTM performance

If you keep this up, you will be nothing more than an enemy to every single young player in our senior and youth set up. You need to separate your hatred of Koeman from your support of the kids. You can't keep supporting the idea of playing young kids only if and when it suits you

Every time Koeman plays a kid, people like us need to be supportive of it, even if it doesn't work. We need to create an environment where Koeman feels comfortable giving kids a chance and where there's a vocal backing for the process. He was playing an attacking player on the wing FFS, he was hardly playing Eric Cantona in goal was he?

Either back the kids or don't, but don't live in this bullcrap half-way house, where you only back the young players when it suits you. If you're going to be like that, you can honestly get stuffed. All it does is hurt the process of bringing them in, and quite frankly it's not acceptable, especially when you've been so vocal on the subject in the past

Actually support the kids and stop trying to score points against Koeman

He was there to get himself into attacking positions and try and make something happen, the wing was just where he was stationed, and how do we know he can't play there? Maybe he's been practising it for all we know?

One big reason why managers don't play young players is because of how risk averse footballing culture is in the modern game

"Bloody Hell, I can't risk playing Davies, what if he doesn't play well? I'll get slaughtered, look what happened with DCL!"

The saddest thing is Zat that I think Koeman could start Davies on Boxing Day and you'd still find a way to find a problem with it

I know you hate Koeman, but you just can't keep slamming him for playing kids whilst also complaining that he isn't playing kids

That sort of behaviour is why the kids don't get a chance, because the people who clamour for them then complain when they get a chance and don't have an amazing MOTM performance

If you keep this up, you will be nothing more than an enemy to every single young player in our senior and youth set up. You need to separate your hatred of Koeman from your support of the kids. You can't keep supporting the idea of playing young kids if and when it suits you

Every time Koeman plays a kid, people like us need to be supportive of it, even if it doesn't work. We need to create an environment where Koeman feels comfortable giving kids a chance and where there's a vocal backing for the process. He was playing an attacking player on the wing FFS, he was hardly playing Eric Cantona in goal was he?

Either back the kids or don't, but don't live in this bullcrap half-way house, where you only back the young players when it suits you. If you're going to be like that, you can honestly get stuffed. All it does is hurt the process of bringing them in, and quite frankly it's not acceptable, especially when you've been so vocal on the subject in the past

You cannot see me but I am applauding :)

If you keep this up, you will be nothing more than an enemy to every single young player in our senior and youth set up. You need to separate your hatred of Koeman from your support of the kids. You can't keep supporting the idea of playing young kids only if and when it suits you

Great rant....so you advocate playing young kids out of postion in their 2nd substitute appearance then...

What next Jonjoe Kenny at Centre forward Aka Steve Watson? Davies at centre back?

Thats the same as hes done here.

You DO NOT play young players massively out of position...

Its almost like hes done it just to show hes playing a young lad...

If he had played the FORWARD up front then fair play....he didnt, he played him as almost a 2nd right back.

Its common sense FFS...

Its one thing to support CL but gosh i felt sorry for him wandering around wondering where he was...he looked like someone who was hiding in a trench in the somme.

Some of this just isn't true Mikey.
I don't think anyone, Zat included, is saying "don't play the kids". Far from it.
I think the feeling though is there is a time and place for everything. Further, there is a way of bringing someone in.
We don't know football in the grand scheme of things because none of us are footballers, at FF, at Goodison. But, we know a derby. We know it because we actively make the derby what is it.
A youngster, slight in build, with the game finely poised, crowd nervous, Everton having not seen the ball in 30-odd minutes such was the dominance of Liverpool, is not the time to bring on a kid striker at right midfield. Of all the players he was up against too - seasoned pro James Milner.
It was a completely baffling substitution for this game.
Against Arsenal was different. They were done. Beaten. Perhaps not by score-line at the time DCL came on but there was little chance of us losing the game at that point and a draw would have been greatly received.
You've got a lad sat on the bench who plays right midfield, knows the derby, at a good age to cope with it, who is ignored. We've had a few chats about KM over the years on here and i've always been open that I think he goes missing. But, crucially, by 73mins or whenever it was, we were unravelling. We couldn't get on the ball, couldn't even get a corner. So how does DCL even make an impact? "What if he'd scored"? The first priority was to try and get hold of the ball, becoming dangerous is the second thought.
I'm all for the kid getting some game time along with Davies etc. It's good for us, the club and them themselves. But not last night. Not at 0-0. Not when those bells from across the road are crucifying us.
It was horrendous management imo.

I don't think anyone, Zat included, is saying "don't play the kids". Far from it.
I think the feeling though is there is a time and place for everything. Further, there is a way of bringing someone in.
We don't know football in the grand scheme of things because none of us are footballers, at FF, at Goodison. But, we know a derby. We know it because we actively make the derby what is it.
A youngster, slight in build, with the game finely poised, crowd nervous, Everton having not seen the ball in 30-odd minutes such was the dominance of Liverpool, is not the time to bring on a kid striker at right midfield. Of all the players he was up against too - seasoned pro James Milner.
Against Arsenal was different. They were done. Beaten. Perhaps not by score-line at the time DCL came on but there was little chance of us losing the game at that point and a draw would have been greatly received.
You've got a lad sat on the bench who plays right midfield, knows the derby, at a good age to cope with it, who is ignored. We've had a few chats about KM over the years on here and i've always been open that I think he goes missing. But, crucially, by 73mins or whenever it was, we were unravelling. We couldn't get on the ball, couldn't even get a corner. So how does DCL even make an impact? "What if he'd scored"? The first priority was to try and get hold of the ball, becoming dangerous is the second thought.
I'm all for the kid getting some game time along with Davies etc. It's good for us, the club and them themselves. But not last night. Not at 0-0. Not when those bells from across the road are crucifying us.

If he had put on;

Holgate -- 3rd CB
Kenny - RB / RM
Davies (not on bench) - DM/CM
Calvert-Lewin - ST

Fair enough, brave moves...

Instead he puts Barry on to wave the white flag and then Sticks a skinny young forward in a secondary right back role...

How to give a young player confidence...

Im seething and im bewildered @Mikey_Fitzgerald and @Thomasc seem to think that its fine to play young kids out of position in a derby...especially such a mismatch as that was on the right.

Its hanging them out to dry at best and giving them next to no chance in that environment...

Good post mate. Wasn't the right sub at all last night. No clue what's happened to Mirallas this season but he's got to be brought on there.

Why couldn't he throw the kid on upfront? He might have offered more work rate than Lukaku. It's back to Moyes and Martinez playing players out of position. It never seems to work very well.

This!!! If he wanted another RB/RM defensive solution then put on Holgate or Kenny....more attack minded then stick on mirallas.

Why put CL there....hes a forward...

Imagine the RS putting Owen or Fowler in that position when they were coming into the team...would never happen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back