Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bad sub but not making any judgment about a young player after 20 min in that type of game

We were on the back foot and he essentially ended up at RB - never chased down their defense to force them into an error - needed some more energy to press them and he just looked a bit confused

Hasn't done anything of note yet. Honestly when he's come on we've been less effective than before the subs. Will admit that he was probably the wrong sub to make though. I don't know what else Holgate has to do to get in this team. DCL ended up in right back so might aswell have an actual rb there.

I ann all for playing kids and giving them a chance... but... to bring him on at that time was a mistake IMO... I'm not a mirallas fan, but if we know anything about Kev... it is that he always gets up for a derby game.

Like @MoutsGoat said, they have giant defenders...

However, it wouldnt matter i suppose if Koeman plays him as a RB/RM hybrid again.
You know the funny thing? Someone mentioned "if Fellaini comes back, I'm out". Fellaini against Leicester in THIS team would have a field day. Cahill, Andy Carroll, Benteke. All of them would just completely dominate the way we are playing.

Yet we have Lukaku who is OK(being a bit generous) in the air and woeful at holding the ball up.

This lad is literally the least of our problems.

Hasn't done anything of note yet. Honestly when he's come on we've been less effective than before the subs. Will admit that he was probably the wrong sub to make though. I don't know what else Holgate has to do to get in this team. DCL ended up in right back so might aswell have an actual rb there.
Except Holgate is a centre back, understand the reasoning, but I'm increasingly puzzled by people describing him as a right back, he isn't.

Looked petrified whilst waiting to come on.

Very wrong of Koeman to bring him on as sub at that time. Everyone knows it should have been Kev Mirrallas.

Get the impression that Koeman was sending out a message to the board that we need more quality in greater depth.

Looked petrified whilst waiting to come on.

Very wrong of Koeman to bring him on as sub at that time. Everyone knows it should have been Kev Mirrallas.

Get the impression that Koeman was sending out a message to the board that we need more quality in greater depth.

Or earn his £6mill a year??

Can't believe this young lad is getting stick on this forum, he is a kid trying to start his career. People writing him off on the basis of a few minutes football. Are these the same people who complain about clubs buying teams?
I personally wish the young lad all the best, if not with us with someone else. I dislike the nay sayers, I like to see young people getting on, no matter what they do.

It's got f all to do with that mate.

He's playing because he deserves a chance.

He played very well vs Arsenal in that he pushed central and helped Rom out.

He couldn't do that last night as we'd dropped so deep there was nothing for him to help out with up top. That all stemmed from McCarthy's injury.

Are you his dad?

Maybe he deserves a chance but not in the circumstances I wrote about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back