Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
that moron mirallas probably wouldve got himself sent off, the 2 injuries killed our chances in the game.

I’m not a fan of Mirallas either but he would have offered far, far more of a threat than Calvert-Lewin. Especially from that position. I’m not sure how anyone could argue otherwise.

Again, that’s no reflection on DCL. He’s inexperienced and playing out of position. If we had to bring him on, I’d have took Barkley out wide, put DCL up front with Rom and tried to make the long balls stick. Easy to say in hindsight, but Koeman got it massively wrong.

that moron mirallas probably wouldve got himself sent off, the 2 injuries killed our chances in the game.

Only one person in the universe thought it was clever to put Barry on.

We were looking weaker near the end of the 1st half...Koeman should have changed something positively...DCL up front would have been fine for me...if it had to be a right sided position then he had 3 natural right sided players on the bench.

I’m not a fan of Mirallas either but he would have offered far, far more of a threat than Calvert-Lewin. Especially from that position. I’m not sure how anyone could argue otherwise.

Again, that’s no reflection on DCL. He’s inexperienced and playing out of position. If we had to bring him on, I’d have took Barkley out wide, put DCL up front with Rom and tried to make the long balls stick. Easy to say in hindsight, but Koeman got it massively wrong.
we didn't have the ball so what could Mirallas have done? He doesn't work hard off the ball so wouldn't have won it back for us. He'd have been a passenger most likely.

we didn't have the ball so what could Mirallas have done? He doesn't work hard off the ball so wouldn't have won it back for us. He'd have been a passenger most likely.

At the absolute minimum, the threat of his pace stops them being so gung-ho down that side of the pitch, and forces their defensive line back. But i'm very confident he would of showed for the ball more, retained possession better, got into the pace of the game ALOT faster, and linked up with Barkley/Lukaku more.

I'm not saying he'd have won us the match but we were done as an attacking force after that substitution. Koeman got it badly wrong.

Anyway, hope DCL has got some confidence from the last two games and can keep pushing to be involved in first team squads. Hard to tell anything from those cameos other than he isn't a winger.

Are you his dad?

Maybe he deserves a chance but not in the circumstances I wrote about.

No. I'm just saying it's nonsense that Koeman is playing him because some fans on twitter and a forum said he should play the kids...

He shouldn't have played the other night in the circumstances, we agree entirely on that. It was a bad sub.

Therein lies the issue.

I don't think that CL was the right sub, but equally so I don't think Kev, or Del (had he been available) would have done anything either.

Same as Gary Neville was a centre back at the same age...

Coleman was our best player the other night, again, after a great display on Tuesday.

He really isn't the issue.

And Holgate is a centre back. He's just not ready for to play in a two yet at Prem level.

Coleman was our best player the other night, again, after a great display on Tuesday.

He really isn't the issue.

And Holgate is a centre back. He's just not ready for to play in a two yet at Prem level.

Holgate has been playing RB...has been CB for the u23s just like G.Neville was at United.

At the moment hes a RB until he cements a position of his own.

At the absolute minimum, the threat of his pace stops them being so gung-ho down that side of the pitch, and forces their defensive line back. But i'm very confident he would of showed for the ball more, retained possession better, got into the pace of the game ALOT faster, and linked up with Barkley/Lukaku more.

I'm not saying he'd have won us the match but we were done as an attacking force after that substitution. Koeman got it badly wrong.

Anyway, hope DCL has got some confidence from the last two games and can keep pushing to be involved in first team squads. Hard to tell anything from those cameos other than he isn't a winger.
I think that Kevin Mirallas has gone back massively in the last two seasons.
I don't see any point in putting him in the team at this stage, apart from possibly keeping his resale value at a respectable level.

I think there are a lot of players who will be allowed to leave, but just maybe not in January as you cannot afford to deplete squad numbers too much.
Gibson, Koune, Oviedo, Mirallas, Cleverley and if reports are correct then McCarthy as well are coming to the end of their time here.

Holgate has been playing RB...has been CB for the u23s just like G.Neville was at United.

At the moment hes a RB until he cements a position of his own.

I agree with every word of that Zat.

But he shouldn't be starting ahead of Coleman at right back, imo. Sorry if I got your initial point confused!

Nice to see Koeman have faith in the young lad again tonight.

I've not seen any highlights or anything yet. How close was he with that header ? Looked close from my angle but I suspect my view foreshortened it a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back