Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice to see Koeman have faith in the young lad again tonight.

I've not seen any highlights or anything yet. How close was he with that header ? Looked close from my angle but I suspect my view foreshortened it a bit.
Should have scored .Was defo put off a by a Curtis Davies nudge ....but yeah still should have scored.

I've not seen any highlights or anything yet. How close was he with that header ? Looked close from my angle but I suspect my view foreshortened it a bit.
He was in the centre of the goal and managed to put it wide. A poor miss, honestly.

It was a shocking miss in all honesty but at least he got himself in there.

Not been overwhelmed by these cameo appearances. Usually you can tell pretty early on if a young player has 'got it'. Think about the impact Rooney, Barkley and even Vaughan and Anichebe had in their first games. Don't think he's ready to be starting games. From what I've seen I don't think he's ready to be in the match day squad but needs must I guess.

It was shocking.

But ok, the lads young.

Should have scored .Was defo put off a by a Curtis Davies nudge ....but yeah still should have scored.

He was in the centre of the goal and managed to put it wide. A poor miss, honestly.

Ta lads.

I came away thinking he was unlucky not to score so, in order to maintain my view of him being boss, I'll probably swerve watching the highlights and will erase these posts from my memory.

It was an absolute sitter that he should have buried. But hopefully it doesn't knock his confidence too much cause otherwise he looked ok tonight.

I agree. Pressure may have got to him but yes if he wants to make it here those chances need burying.

From what I've seen in reserve football I'm not sure he will quite cut it (certainly never be number one here) looks a nice prospect but he's still only 19 and getting game time. I suspect he may cut it in this league but not at the top sides

Lets not write the lad off after tonight's miss.

It was a bad miss but he did well to get into the position and if he carries on getting into those positions it won't be long until one finds the back of the net.

The fact Koeman is persisting with him tells me that he must be doing well in training.

Looked absolutely awful in his 3 sub appearances. Everything that could've gone wrong has gone wrong for him. Still young but surely there are other youngsters who deserve a chance more than him? Thought Dowell was showing proimise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back