Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think he's looked good, young lad who's come from a Lower league it's not going to be easy for him straight away think he's done well, but nah forget it lets just get on every young players back who plays for us for the laugh because that definitely going to help them. Sound.

Unfortunately, the lad's got a 50p bonce. Missed a sitter and that is not the sort of striker we want

...they all miss sitters, Matey. That was more his position last night, he's a technically good back to goal striker who is decent in the air (despite the missed chance). Reminds me a little of Graeme Sharp when he first came to Everton, I doubt he'll ever be a prolific goal scorer but he's got good movement and shape about him, especially when he bulks up.

Regardless of age it was a poor miss yesterday which at a minimum should have been on target. That said, everyone makes occasionl errors.

For me the jury is still rightly out on the lad as he's still young, accustoming himself to this level and two of his cameos have been out of position.

I'll admitt I have been slightly underwhelmed at times but that may be a question of his readiness and not his actual ability - we'll just have to see.

Thought he played well when he came on. Lots of energy got into good positions. Yes he missed a sitter but a lad at that age, about to score his first professional goal. Probably panicked and rushed it too much.

200.gif

Fumed when he missed but that quickly turned to feeling bad for the lad, Koeman is so ruthless that he'll probably slip into obscurity now, I do hope not.

You'd have to think though he'll be down to third choice at best once the window is over.

The kid will be kicking himself for missing that header after he done all the hard work getting into the right place at the right time.

I don't mind he missed though, he got himself on the end of the ball and that will make him confident that a chance will fall to him again. I think he's done well every time he's come on tbh. Massive step up from league 1 to the PL and he's showed promising signs already.

Once again the GOT clowns try to put the knife in a clearly talented player, yes he probably should have scored, but Barley should have scored three before he scored, one a one on one that would have given us the lead.
No one seems to want to give him credit for his part in the equaliser, making the run and pass to set Baines up.
It was also him who played a huge part in the Arsenal winner, getting the corner and taking two away for the Williams header.
Just lay off, I bet most of you could hit a barn door

Let him develop in the reserves and let's bring a striker in with some quality who can score goals.

Harsh but will help all concerned.

Fumed when he missed but that quickly turned to feeling bad for the lad, Koeman is so ruthless that he'll probably slip into obscurity now, I do hope not.

You'd have to think though he'll be down to third choice at best once the window is over.

...I suspect Koeman likes what he sees in training. I said 6 or 8 weeks ago that I can see him breaking into the squad and getting some game time ahead of the window, he needed to grab the opportunity. Last night was the only time he was in his natural position and he looked more comfortable. I agree with you, though, that he's likely to slip down the pecking order after the window but I don't think he'll be written off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back