Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Actually cringing reading some of these comments about the young lad, yes he missed a great chance, better players than him have missed better or similar before him. How anybody can judge him on his appearances so far is beyond me.

Cryarses

Played about 75 minutes now and done nothing to suggest he should be anywhere near the Premiership. Can you name a decent moment he's had to show for that time? For comparison - Davies has had similar time this season at a similar age and impressed just about everyone so hardly a case of impatience on the fans' part. Surely better attacking options in the under-23s.

Played about 75 minutes now and done nothing to suggest he should be anywhere near the Premiership. Can you name a decent moment he's had to show for that time? For comparison - Davies has had similar time this season at a similar age and impressed just about everyone so hardly a case of impatience on the fans' part. Surely better attacking options in the under-23s.

this is a terrible post

Looked absolutely awful in his 3 sub appearances. Everything that could've gone wrong has gone wrong for him. Still young but surely there are other youngsters who deserve a chance more than him? Thought Dowell was showing promise?
Not a striker.
Also wouldn't say awful as he's been played as a winger twice. But no spark like he's gonna be the next young gun

Cant judge the lad on a few sub appearances mostly in the wrong position! Being thrown on when things are not going well and expected to produce instantly. Its more worrying that out of our current squad he is seen as the best option to change games!!

If I'm right in thinking the lad is a centre forward who for the first time tonight played that role in our first team.

Against a commanding Hull defence he won the ball a few times, showed some neat touches and nearly (should have) won the game for us.

I'm sure our fan base love to see the academy or any young player shoehorned in to the senior squad to become a scapegoat.

Bit of perspective here please. He's not long joined us, is young, and is stepping up a level. Would give him a few more appearances before consigning him to the dustbin.
That said it was a sitter!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back