Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looked petrified whilst waiting to come on.

Very wrong of Koeman to bring him on as sub at that time. Everyone knows it should have been Kev Mirrallas.

Get the impression that Koeman was sending out a message to the board that we need more quality in greater depth.

I'm starting to think that too.

30 minutes against Arsenal and the E
RS and people are writing him off. Wow, just wow.

Our fans can be absolute tools at times.

I'm sure he could develop into a good player.

But it doesn't mean it wasn't 100% the wrong substitution to make at the time. Not DCL's fault, but awful from Koeman.

Jaysus lads, he's barely got a kick of the ball. Can't we wait at least a year before we turn on him?
Playing a young, inexperienced lad in fiercely competitive fixtures against high calibre oppositions and all when placed in an unfamiliar position.

His performances have been underwhelming but the criticism should be directed at the manager; if they think otherwise give their head a wobble.

He must have something about him for Koeman to think he's worth throwing on against Arsenal and Liverpool.

Definitely doesn't look like he's going to a huge impact though. You can tell very early whether a kid has got that magic spark.

You should consider becoming a scout mate if you can tell after 30 mins if a kid's gonna make it. Get in touch with Steve Walsh ;)

to listen to some of the clowns on here you'd think koeman left messi on the bench and brought calvert-lewin on instead.
The lad looked so scared I wouldn't be surprised if he left a little messi on the bench when Koeman told him to get on.
Seriously bad decision did neither him nor the team a favour and this isn't a criticism of the boy.
Our midfield was already being overrun after Barry was introduced.

You couldn't make this up one minute he's being slated for not playing youngsters, now he's being criticised for playing one. Agendas, agendas, agendas everywhere.

to listen to some of the clowns on here you'd think koeman left messi on the bench and brought calvert-lewin on instead.

No agenda here. I wasn't one of those slating him for not picking youngsters. I'm very much pro Koeman, and I thought he'd got the derby tactics spot on until the McCarthy injury killed us.

But it was a terrible choice of substitution. We were completely pinned back in our own half at the time, we either needed to change the formation completely, or bring someone like Mirallas on to give them something to think about going the other way and stop them being camped in our half.

No reflection on DCL or his chances of making it, but Koeman got that one wrong.

No agenda here. I wasn't one of those slating him for not picking youngsters. I'm very much pro Koeman, and I thought he'd got the derby tactics spot on until the McCarthy injury killed us.

But it was a terrible choice of substitution. We were completely pinned back in our own half at the time, we either needed to change the formation completely, or bring someone like Mirallas on to give them something to think about going the other way and stop them being camped in our half.

No reflection on DCL or his chances of making it, but Koeman got that one wrong.

that moron mirallas probably wouldve got himself sent off, the 2 injuries killed our chances in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back