Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rather give him and Brewster a go in first team than Kone Valenica or Niasse. Who is still an Everton player.

...managing expectation, Brewster was on loan at Stockport County playing with lads I watched in the Liverpool Sunday Premier League. I understand the clamour to get these lads in the first team but the step up is massive and fans will soon complain when results suffer. It's always been more difficult for forwards to come through the ranks, they have to be very, very special.

A huge step up from being on loan at a league 2 club to featuring in the prem, but if he progresses in the U21s this autumn then get him in the first team squad.

lol ok...didnt we also sign a forward?
You're thinking of Bassala Sambou , 18 yr old striker from Coventry.
As well as Sambou , recent attackers in the u23s have included Callum Dyson, Courney Duffus, Henen , McAleny :eek:, and while each has scored the odd goal none show the consistency to look like breaking through . We may get a glimpse of Calvert-Lewin on Sunday for the England u 20s which is on BT Sport and a good chance he comes on as a sub

You're thinking of Bassala Sambou , 18 yr old striker from Coventry.
As well as Sambou , recent attackers in the u23s have included Callum Dyson, Courney Duffus, Henen , McAleny :eek:, and while each has scored the odd goal none show the consistency to look like breaking through . We may get a glimpse of Calvert-Lewin on Sunday for the England u 20s which is on BT Sport and a good chance he comes on as a sub

Do you think sambou and levin were signed as the others arent great?

Do you think sambou and levin were signed as the others arent great?
Yes. If we buy someone at 18/19 it's usually to fill spots where someone has identified us as being weak at Academy/u23 level or they are an outstanding talent we want. Unsy said he rejected offers to take him on loan, so expect to seehim being developed in U23s team . You're really going to have to learn these names Zat!

...managing expectation, Brewster was on loan at Stockport County playing with lads I watched in the Liverpool Sunday Premier League. I understand the clamour to get these lads in the first team but the step up is massive and fans will soon complain when results suffer. It's always been more difficult for forwards to come through the ranks, they have to be very, very special.

Niasse (Who's still employed by Everton) or Valenica should not be playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back